I really need you help :-(

AgentM

Reaction score
Oliver has suddenly started waking in the night. He is normally such a good sleeper - right through and if he wakes, he self settles. Bt this last week, he has been waking up screaming. Proper screaming, with the whole crumpled face look. We've tried everything. Last night, I even gave in and took him to my bed. It didn't help a jot. Every couple of hours he would go from snoring one second, to sitting bolt upright and screaming blue murder the next. He's had teething powders, calpol, the works and it doesn't seem to help.

To make matters worse, OH is laid up with a bad back :-( He is so bad. He can stand up for about 10 minutes, or sit down for about 5 and thats it. The rest of the time he is in bed. I know it's not his fault and I feel so bad for him. For I'm starting to feel resentful that he is laying in bed, while I have been up most of the night and now here I am with a todler running around demanding attention. I'm just all out of energy.

And for the next few days, my manager is away. As deputy, I am obviously running the place. God knows how I'm going to manage it. I'm going to have to get Oliver to the childminders before work too, as hubby usually does that bit.

I really don't know how I'm going to cope.:cry: I'm sorry that its turned into a bit of a long rant. But back to my original question, any ideas about Olivers night times?

:hug: You must be exhausted :( Sounds like you're trying everything though (sorry). Sam has always been a great sleeper but with a few of his teeth we had exactly the same - but it didn't last very long. Hopefully Oliver's will be through soon and he'll go back to sleeping well again. I'm sure that doesn't make you feel any better though, sorry. Is there anyone who can watch him for a few hours today so you can at least catch up on some sleep? x

No hun, we have no family around us. I just said to hubby that it is times like this when you really wish there wasn't such great distance between us all. My family 220 miles one direction and his 260 miles the other direction!

Lets hope it is just his teeth and he'll be over it soon x

:hug: Oh hun, think it sounds like teeth :(

You must be exhausted :( If the wee man naps I say you nap today too, its not much but may help abit :hug:

I agree it could be his teeth or it could be night terrors. I hope he has a better night tonight so you can get your sleep :hug: xx

I hope he's at least tired enough for a long nap today so you can get some rest :hug:

rhys used to do this when he was little. it was because he is lactose intollerent and we didnt know

Sounds like it could be night terrors :(

I would book an appointment with your GP hun, get some advice as it could be NTs or like terrie said some kind of intolerance.

Poor wee thing. Hope he's better soon and you get some rest :hug:

Thanks girls. I'll see how he does tonight. Then pop to see the gp if we're in the same boat tomorrow.

On the plus side - we jst had a 2 hour nap. Whoop whoop!

Last edited:
rhys did this last week after 2 nites on the trot trying all sorts, i caught a glimpse of two back teeth coming through, calpol, gel whatever you use hour before bed see if you can ride it out, it does sound like teeth.
hope you have a better night tonight :hugs:

How is Oliver now hun??

AJ has been doing this the past few nights, he's got a new molar coming through! x

He has a lovely duvet and pillow combo and he LOVES it!! Sleeps through the night so beautifully and he is so snug. We started off with his sleeping bag on still, as it's been sooooo cold at night. But 2 nights ago we ditched the sleeping bag and he is so happy. I highly recommend it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back