i need help

lucylu87

Reaction score
hey girls. Zak used to sleep straight thru since he was about 8 weeks, lucky i know. For the past 2 weeks he's been terrible. Either not goin to bed til late and waking once or goin earlier and waking twice. Each time he wakes he has at least 4oz food. This is because he doesn't drink enough in the day. Next to nothing really compared to before weaning so how do i get him to have more in the day so he would sleep thru? On top of it all, its not like he wakes for half an hour, last night he broke the record and was up for 3 hours!!!! Help me ladies xxxx

Will he take a dream feed wen you go to bed? My zac went through a similar thing at 5 months, I did controlled crying and it worked a treat! I only had to do it for 2 nights and he went back to sleeping through. X

I'm too soft to do controlled crying. He's got me wrapped round his little finger! so a dream feed... Is LO asleep and u feed them ? And do u get them out the cot? Sorry I just have no idea xxx

It was awful doing the controlled crying, but I'm glad I did it cos I knew there was nothing wrong he was just waking up for cuddles. I only had to do it for 2 nights (about half an hour each time). With the dream feed I used to get everything ready and just lift him out of his cot still in his sleeping bag and put the bottle in his mouth and he would sometimes have 7oz! sometimes he would wake but sometimes he stayed asleep, it is strange him drinking in his sleep. Then I'd just put him back in his cot and leave the room (no winding or that would wake him up properly). X

thanks so much for ur advice. really appreciate it., im gonna try getting him in bed tonight and if im brave il try to leave him to cry xx

Good luck, it is tough listening to them cry and definately not for everyone. Hope you find something that helps xxx

well.......i bit the bullet. he had 6oz formula b4 bed so i wasnt hoping for much but i did controlled crying but went up every 5 mins as i couldnt wait any longer. and after half an hour he was fast asleep !! and he slept for 12 hours straight through !!!!!!! cant believe it !!! just hope it happens tonight as well !! xxx thanks so much for ur help x

Glad he slept better for you! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back