I need your help

ella

Reaction score
This is really difficult for me, but I love this little baby and I need help. I have an eating disorder - bulemia, ive had it for years. The problem is I have begun to find gaining weight really difficult. I eat a really healthy diet, including organic homemade juices etc etc. The problem is the last couple of weeks I have also had the occasional binge and I hate to admit it purge - i will eat like loads of chocolate and crisps and then ill tell myself its not good for the baby and ill be sick. Please dont hate me, im crying writing this, the problem is I cant talk to anyone, I told my DH it was all in the past, I have never been able to talk to people about my problems - probably why I have tis problem in the first place. I dont know whether I want you all to shout at me or be nice to me - I just want to protect my baby and stop doing it, im so scared.

I don't know what to say to help make this better :(

BUT - I will say, that admitting it is the first step (eek what a cliched thing to say) You know you have a problem, which means you can deal with it.

:hug: :hug: :hug:

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

36.gif

Hey there,

Im afraid I don't have any experience really of bulimia. Ive never had a nice view of my body though.

I'm not sure there is much I can say to help, as monster munch says, you have taken the first step, can you talk to you doctor about this to see what he could suggest perhaps? Maybe some councilling would do you good?

:hug: :hug: :hug:

I think a good thing to do would be to tell your midwife.

When I first saw mine she asked me very personal stuff (like "do you suffer domestic violence?") and said that she should know and it's completely confidential.

Because she is supposed to know about these very delicate situations I think that she can probably put you in touch with someone that can really help you ...

Meanwhile, don't put yourself down. You have an illness, you wouldn't hate yourself if you had diabetes! you just need professional help :hug:

I wish you and your baby all the best :)

oh, and I just thought I would mention that my experience is doctors/midwives are generaly in my experience not judgmental of any problems you may have.

It was on my record that I had suffered depression and self harm, and had once been admitted into hospital after an overdose. And my midwive was very understanding and nice about it. When I went to my doctor to ask for help (before I was pregnant) he was also very nice about it.

Aww :hug: :hug: :hug: I agree with the others, have a chat with your doctor/midwife. Nobody will shout at you hun, you're doing a really great thing by eating well for your baby. :hug: :hug: :hug:

Thanks girls, I feel a lot better, I went for a walk on the beach and thought about stuff. Im going to speak to my Gp on Thurs, but im also going to control this myself, Ive had set backs before and got on with it. I have been more or less recovered for two years, its just getting out of my comfort zone weight wise is hard, but I have the best reason in the world and I realise how lucky I am.

Plus the baby gave me a little nudge to remind me he is in there and im his sole minder at this point in time!

All the advice you've got is really good. You need to talk to someone proefessional and as you've said try and fight this with your own inner strength. Good luck and keep us posted on how you are- it's what this forum is for. :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

aw hun, you're doing so well admitting you want help and also by eating healthy, don't be afraid to ask your midwife etc for help, they will see just as we do here that you want whats best for your baby and they wont judge you.

Everybody has things they find hard and generally have set backs but maybe instead of eating all that stuff and telling yourself its bad for baby tell yourself you're giving him/her a little treat and dont think of the weight gain as extra weight, think of it as the precious life you have growing inside you, it wont be for long and you'll have your darling baby in your arms and your bump will soon go back down to how you were before.

Remember we are all here for you whenever you need to talk, shout, scream or want just a plain and simple hug

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back