I need to sort this ...

twinkle84

Reaction score
My baby really struggles to poo and ever since solids he always has! So you blame the change and I've given it time and he's getting worse! He will usually going every 2 days! But it's so hard like adult pop and he be trying to do it all day and then it makes him wince, shake with pain and cry out! I hate it and can't tske it any longer! Please what can I do? He eats plenty fruit and veg and takes diluted apple or orange juice well! I do the warm baths tummy massages leg cycling already :-( anyone please got a magic cure? Or foods he should avoid? Xx

avoid bread :) thats what i do!

and madison gets about 8 portions of fruit a day, i know its excessive but she loves it and gp said it was fine! :) xxx

Ohhhh thanks for that he loves bread too so has quite a bit and I'll up the fruit to even more! Honestly willing to do anything it's so awful to see him like it xx

madison has always been the same, another tip im not sure if u do it anyway, but make sure everything full fat? so no low fat custards or sugar free dilute, make sure everything has proper sugar in it rather than crappy old sweeteners :)

but yeah the bread is defo a binder, sure if u think of ourselves any type of mild ibs is irritated by bread so give it a go and get back to us xxx

Avoid eggs hun. Give him pureed pear or a tablespoon of prune juice in some water.

Contact the doctor if you are worried.
I won't go into it but my son had severe constipation from a few weeks old and turned out to be a sluggish part of the bowel. X

Aw thanks some good advice there! Will try those things! Really appreciate it! Hope your little boy is ok miss? X

He is brill now thanks hun. We finally reduced the laxatives and corrected the problem when he was 2 and a half with the help of diet thankgod as they were considering a colostomy bag for him. He is now nearly 12 tho and has no problems at all!

Hope your little one improves soon - bless him it's so hard having them so upset and nothing you can do soothes them. Please post and let us know how he and you get on xx

Lots of water and fruit pouches help Isla stay regular. Back when she first had food I had to give her prune puree. She now thankfully will eat and drink anything I give her so I don't have a problem. Fig rolls should help too!!

Emma x

Aw thanks miss! I will let u know! That's great news about your son, must have been a scarey time for you! Xx thanks Esoames I'm going to give him prune in morn and every day at some point and could try fig biscuits not thought that one! Used to love them when I was little! Xx

try changing one thing at a time so u know whats working best for him? if u try the lot he cud be in the opposite situation lol xx

Haha will do, altho I would love that right now! Anything to stop the awful pain! I know it's crazy id give anything for the old nappies (pre solids) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back