i miss my bump already, and baby's not even born yet :'(

leckershell

Reaction score
Hi all, this is going to sound so stupid but I need to get it out as I feel silly talking to Nat about it.

I miss my bump already. The past few nights I've had difficulties sleeping as I'm feeling emotional about not being pregnant. I'm probably one of the worst for symptom spotting, and begging for my little one to be here, but I feel so guilty now. I wasn't sure I could even have children when this pregnancy came along, and there have been so many things I've wanted to do but haven't, like me(+Nat?)+bump photography, bump plaster casts.. and the 4d scan and baby show which we luckily did do.

I never got to go to any real parenting classes or anything, and feel like even though we've got all the best stuff in for the baby and I've had great fun shopping for it, I've done everything halfheartedly and it's all been far too easy.. I've moaned too much about stretch marks, weighing too much, wanting the baby to come out early, and now I feel so guilty that I've wasted my whole time being pregnant, and taken it for granted. The only pictures I have are the ones I take on self timer with my mobile every week of me standing in the kitchen, and I regret not having any bump pictures pre 25 weeks.

It's too late to do much now, and I probably sound really stupid even writing this anyway, but I feel so annoyed at myself for not having made more of being pregnant. I don't know whether we're having more than one child, but if we don't then this would be the last time I would be pregnant, and I feel sad that I don't have much as memories, and I moaned so much. It's a lovely thing to be pregnant and I feel I've wasted it. I know I'll have a little baby to show for it, but as for the actual being pregnant - in a strange way I think I miss it already. I'm hoping now baby might stay in until it's due, as I love the way it's inside me and nothing's complicated yet - we communicate with each other even though it's not born.

Sorry girls, I've just been feeling so emotional and don't know how to make it feel better :( feel so alone x

Just wanted to send lots of smiles and good thoughts to you leckershell
:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
and also say that I am sure you're not alone in feeling lke that about your bump and pregnancy, or about feeling alone, but you do have this forum to talk about it which will help you through this low spot :hug: What matters is now you feel comfy with your bump, so enjoy it, don't worry about what's gone before, and I hope in looking ahead you feel more happy and not so alone, because you never really are with your LO right there cuddling you inside :hug:

its not too late to do a bump cast now , i thnk a 37 week cast would be perfect :hug:

Shell, just read your posting...

Firstly OH's aren't very good at understanding about how your feeling or in fact understanding that your body has changed so muuch and your hormones have been everywhere but where they usually are for weeks/months - in other words although you may feel alone in terms of being able to speak to Nat you have all of us to talk to and you know (because this is what you told me to entice me onto the forum) that everyone listens and everyone supports you.

I know from everything you have ever told me that you have never taken anything for granted and you have indeed thought of this as a 'gift' and all in all you have enjoyed your pregnancy and you will never forget the experience, and like you say you will have a LO which will love its mummy.

Everyone moans and everyone has bad days and feels low not just you so there is no need to feel guilty at all but we all understand how you feel. God if you think you have moaned loads you know i have been as miserable as sin the amount of times we have chatted on msn and alls i done is moan moan moan and you ALWAYS try to rationalise everything and make me feel better :)

As for more children, you didn't expect this one so never say never and you never know.

I really hope this helps and you start feeling better concentrate on the next two weeks and hold onto the thought that all the work you have done over the last 40 weeks will be popping into the world.

You know where i am if u want to chat

:hug: :hug: :hug:

I know exactly what you mean. I spent the first few months of my pregnancy in denial, and a while after that working up the courage to tell my parents :? So now I kind of look back and wish I hadn't been so spineless and idiotic, and enjoyed it. I also am worried that i didn't take good enough care of myself in the early stages, and that something's going to be wrong with the baby :? And I am going to miss my bump! There's something quite comforting about being pregnant,....sometimes... :lol: Still,I'm sure you'll have a horde more of children.Plenty of time yet!

Hey hunni, just looked for you on msn and you aren on, so i will reply here,
firstly i know what you mean about doing things and stuff, like taking pictures,
i havent done it either i think i have about 2/3 pictures of my bump and thats it, i wish i had of done more but i dunno i became slack. but you do have the memories, and you said about a diary to me the other day, im going to do that to, i mean i havent been up to date all the time, but i am going to write one.. looking back on everything, you should aswell, :)
i agree with G3M is right i think a cast now would be well nice to do, and its something to look forward to in those last weeks of being pregnant,

as foryou getting pregnant hunni, like amzhunny said, doesnt mean you wont be able to have more children so dont think like that. also , you know when your more fertile :) .. straight after having a baby.
weve all moaned about being pregnant hunni,
stretch marks and stuff, its all natural with hormones and stuff.
try to really enjoy the next couple of weeks hunni cos after that you will have a gorgeous little baby to look after,
try not to get like this hunni,
everything is ok just take care of yourself. :) the important thing is that you have a healthy baby coming :D:D:D:D:D:D
:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I can't wait till I'm not pregnant any more. I'm so happy to be having a baby and I would do it all again for her but I hate being pregnant :?
I only have about 3 bump pictures and I do regret not taking more pictures earlier on because after a while I think I will miss my bump and I think I will forget what it feels like to be pregnant. I never ever in my life imagined i would ever fall pregnant and now that I am, well all I have done is complain and count the days away!
The time has gone quick but it also feels like I have been pregnant for years and I just want my baby here so much it's driving me nuts lol!!
But the good thing is I haven't been worrying like I was before my last scan so I am starting to relax and have just been getting on with it really.

Aww babes i know what you mean! I havent done stuff like that with with either of my two and I wish i had and havent done it cos when i have bought up stuff like that i have been given funny looks.
If theres a next time, im going the whole hog.

But dont have regrest, do your baby abum when lo is born,loads of pictures and spoil them rotten. You will forget you had regrets about any of this i promise.

Thanks for replying girls, last night was pretty bad and I didn't sleep until 4am in the end.. it's not usually that bad but to say that last night was the only time I felt that way would be a lie. I know I'm not alone though (this forum is awesome for support - I just felt particularly low last night) and had a chat to Nat about things (briefly) this morning but he was too half-asleep to do much but hug me and say things are ok.

I've looked up belly casts and they're only £20 and they say the best time is 36-37 weeks, so I'm not far off... I'll order it tomorrow and hopefully it will arrive a couple of days later. If I get it done I'll post you a pic lol :)

I just wanted to say thanku for all your replies, it means a lot and I'll prob print it all out as it's something I worry about quite often at the moment and I know I'll need all your positive energies to make me feel better :hug:

i feel like that too- i moaned all thru the last 10 days of my pregnancy and the day after she was born i went 2 stroke my bump like i used 2 do alot and felt strangely dismayed that it was gone! try 2 enjoy the last 2 weeks 2 days (accordin 2 ur ticker?) then when ur LO arrives u can enjoy all the wonderfulness of having ur baby outside of ur tummy and all the cuddles and sharing with ur OH.
:hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back