I love my sister

MrsR

Reaction score
My oldest sister is the least maternal person I've ever met and she will never have children as, by her own admission, she's too selfish BUT she's just text me to say that she's bought us a Moses basket and mamas and papas cot! I couldn't believe it! x I know alot of people will get things from parents and in laws but I know 100% that my in laws will not be helping out with anything (not even an outfit) and my parents will get stuff closer to my due date-it's just so lovely to have someone unexpected help out! I got quite teary!!!!

Oh bless her how sweet, sounds like your gonna have a super auntie to give you a hand in bringing up your bubs x

Aw bless, my sister is exactly the same (not half as generous though!!). So nice to have someone in the family getting all excited, even moreso when it's the person you least expect! :)

ahh thats so sweet of her. Your LO is going to have a very lovely aunt!

She always sends DD wonderfully thoughtful Christmas presents and birthday presents too! x She lives on the isle of man so don't see her much x she's really touched me though! X

You're so lucky, what a lovely surprise! my sister is so consumed with her relationship that I've barely heard from
her since I told her I was pregnant. My sil on the other hand is lovely and told me today that we can have loads of her baby bits including car seat which should really ease the expense.

Awww bless her! That's so nice of her! I've got 3 brothers so I doubt any of them will be rushing out to buy their niece/nephew anything! Men eh?! lol! x

your lucky as my sister hasnt brought nething for little man where as my sister in law has brought quite abit for him hehe :p.
And it does make ya teary when my inlaws brought something it felt nice really nice and that i wasnt doing it all alone either :D xx

How lovely - that made me strat crying - bloody hormones are over the place today! xxx

That is so sweet. I think it's great when family start getting involved. My mum showed me a cardi she knitted the other day and it was so small and cute I nearly cried.

ah that's lovely :) I wish my little sister lived closer to me, when we left home for Uni I moved east and she moved west so now we're about 130 miles away :( She's a penniless post grad so I don't expect anything from her, just to see her a bit more often once she's got a niece or nephew will be good enough for me.

Your sister sounds lovely, you're very lucky :)

My sister actually said to me yesterday that she really wants us to move over there which I wanna do too but not right now, timings not right x I was so overwhelmed because I completely didn't expect anything from her! x

ahhh bless her. Its fab that she wants to be so involved with you and your family. I guess if she isnt planning a family of her own her original family become very important :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back