I lost my envolope

Its so annoying as i didnt claim when i had my dd 9 years ago as i was working.
And now as it looks like i wont get it i have decided to kit out this baby via Ebay i just feel bad that i cant get anything brand new as i have no family to help.
On the plus side i did manage to get my dream pram off Ebay for £55 it was hardly used and the car seat that came with it has never been used.
If your baby does come early then you can apply once its born hun

Im too thinking that if it gets to the point where i cant get all the stuff i need i will be applying for a community care grant or the Social fund loan

Community care grants are very very hard to get. But you could always try. You could try for a budgeting loan though, and you'd probably get it. And you're paying the money back so its not like you're being a scrounger. That's what made me feel better about getting one to help with the cost of carpets. There are so many people who think that everyone on benefits are lazy and don't want to work, so I felt really guilty for even applying for a community care grant which I didn't get in the end.
Sorry I'm away off on a tangent lol.
X

I totally agree with you Lou lou there is 9 years between mine and i have nothing left at all

yeah i know but if you had a girl first then a boy it would b a bit hard coz you cant really put boy in girls clothes and what if you had a pink pushchair lol i still have my travel system that i had for amy but amy still tends to get tired when walking or she still doesnt understand to hold the pushchair and a doubt shed stand a one of them boards and it would be hard carrying her to when he gets tired plus sometimes she still has a lil sleep in her pram are local freecycle isnt very good and ebay is ok but some pushchairs you have to pick up a friend has a double push chair she was selling to me but i cant afford that now and i wa going to use the ssmg to get it and i dont really get alot on income support either i get 90 pounds a fortnight for it it a bummer ill just have to see if my dad can get it fr me off her or try and save luckly a have a few clothes and stuff off amy and its a good jb its a girl well hopefully as long as i dont get a surprise when baby is born

i knew they would do something like this thats why i didnt count on it there is no way around it at all either they check your due date and if its past the 11th then they check if you have any children under 16 in your house i presume they do this by child benefit ect and if you have to dont qualify, if for any reason you gave birth before the 11th then you are entitled to it

i do understand why they have done it still sucks like

i got told i would only get it if my baby was born before 11th april as its no my 1st but to apply if i have baby before 11th april. never claimed it before didn't realise i was entitled with last baby, the others i wouldn't have been entitled anyway cause hubby had a well paid job then

Last edited:
yeah if you have your baby before the 11th of april then you can claim it MOM :)

yeah i understand why thy stopped it for other children but i it was only a b4 i reached 29 weeks when i seen that they were changing it in april and got told of sure start that i would be able to get it now all of a sudden theye changed the rules again it was b4 this change that you got to 29 weeks b4 april you an get it not when baby was due ahhh well i suppose ill try a social fund or something i think i might just have to get a sling thing or baby at the mo till amy can walk outside properly and can hold on to push chair i have reins r her but itll be a bit hard to do the shopping pushing baby and letting her walk

yeah i understand why thy stopped it for other children but i it was only a b4 i reached 29 weeks when i seen that they were changing it in april and got told of sure start that i would be able to get it now all of a sudden theye changed the rules again it was b4 this change that you got to 29 weeks b4 april you an get it not when baby was due ahhh well i suppose ill try a social fund or something i think i might just have to get a sling thing or baby at the mo till amy can walk outside properly and can hold on to push chair i have reins r her but itll be a bit hard to do the shopping pushing baby and letting her walk

it does suck and some will really stuggle could you look on ebay for a double buggy or if you have freecycle in your area look on there too i think amy is too little to have to walk everywhere

free cycle round here isnt very good and ebay must expect you to pick up its okies i phoned my dad see if hell buy the pushchair off my friend for me and he sed he would :) but im not building my hopes up coz normally hell forget lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back