I know there is already a thread on tattoos but...

SarahH

Reaction score
is this true... found it on a site

Ladies please take note: You may notice that the sensation of the tattoo may be amplified if you're getting work done a week before or during your menstrual cycle...

I'm wanting to get mine done this week but now I'm not too sure :think:

cool!! Thanks!!

I have been saying I've been going for ages... so much so my mate is sick of hearing me and she is getting it for my birthday!! :dance:

Hi, :wave:

i don't know about this, but it could be...i mean your body is a lot more sensitive during that time,
it kills when i pluck my eyebrows when af is here!

just get some numbing cream put on, the guy at the tattoo studio offerd it me but i chickend out completely :rotfl:

jenna said:
just get some numbing cream put on, the guy at the tattoo studio offerd it me but i chickend out completely :rotfl:

Well I was looking at that and the place I am going wont offer it.

Am just gonna take the pain!! Check me hard as nails!! :fib: :rotfl:

SarahH said:
Well I was looking at that and the place I am going wont offer it.

Am just gonna take the pain!! Check me hard as nails!! :fib: :rotfl:

:rotfl:

I want some of that numbing cream before I get mine on my wrist. Do you just get it from the tattoo place or can you buy it? :?

I've been told to get the proper stuff you have to go get a prescription from the doctor.

And some tattoo artists wont do you if you have it on as the cream thins the blood making it more likely to scar and cause on-going problems.

i went in and chatted to the tattooist when my sister was getting hers redone, he said its £5 a tattoo and they suply it. I think you can buy it in boots but i wouldnt personally put it on before a tattoo with out checking with them 1st

i was told when i had my tattoo done that they have to order the cream in & then you have to sit for 1-1.5 hours with the cream on while it mumbs you!
go for it Sarah, if i can do it without cream, believe me hun so can you, i am such a baby & was petfied, it'll be so worth it.
hurry up & get it done coz i love looking at tattoo piccies!!! :hug:

My friend bought her numbing cream from Boots - i will try and find the name for you

i have been told having any waxing is more painfull around the time of your period, that was my beautician that told me this :?

Thats true... Seemingly at certain points in your cycle you are less prone to pain than others....It's hormonal...

As for tattoos... I have a few... It hurts for a while at first....then the nerves get over stimulated and it only hurts when the tattoo artist rubs the tissue over it to get rid of the blood and excess ink. And then thats like when you scratch a scab off...

Some places hurt more than others..especially bony places, wrist, ankle, hip, shoulder blade... but its tolerable. Its more the vibration on the bones that hurt and the numbing cream won't really help with that.

Don't drink too much water or any alcohol before the tattoo...or you'll bleed like anything.... and make sure the tattoo parlour is cool... you can feel quite faint if it's too hot.

Get something that means something deep to you too.... all mine have a deep and spiritual meaning for me and are very unusual, and I don't regret any of them.

I wouldnt bother with the "numbing cream"

doesnt really do anything, more like a placebo to stop you worrying about the tattoo,

if anything it will numb the top layer of your skin, and that is pretty pointless seen as a tattoo needle goes into your skin.

Woman, you've had a baby, you can handle a tatt!!! :D :wink:

Minxy said:
Woman, you've had a baby, you can handle a tatt!!! :D :wink:

that is my theroy and why I am fineally getting it done!! :D

Thats what i kept saying in the waiting room

ive had a ceserian u know
every1 knew by the time i left

Im well hard me, I got my tongue pierced 4 weeks ago.
Felt nought.
Til the next day. Then the 8 after that till i got the bar changed.
Then it was hunky dory and I love it.

SarahH said:
is this true... found it on a site

Ladies please take note: You may notice that the sensation of the tattoo may be amplified if you're getting work done a week before or during your menstrual cycle...

I'm wanting to get mine done this week but now I'm not too sure :think:

it is true... the increase in oestrogen increases pain perception. when ive had my eyebrows waxed during 'that' week it hurts a lot more :x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back