I keep falling

Nutshell

Reaction score
This has happened to me 3 times recently. Walking along fine then bam! I am on the ground. I don't feel anything before it happens, no warning signs or anything then I am fine after. A bit shaken but slightly sore where I have landed also pretty mortified!

It happened yesterday on the way to a scan. My DH was with me, I hadn't told him I was just hoping it would go away. Anyway after the scan we were sent to the maternity assessment. Had an ecg which was fine as were all other obs. They have refereed me to neurology.

Now I am in general a clumsy person but I know I shouldn't just be hitting the ground. Thankfully each time it's happened I haven't hit my bump at all but it's made me really apprehensive when out & about.

Anyone experienced anything similar?

Have they checked your BP and blood sugar levels?

This happened to me on monday one minute i was standing on the doorstep nxt i was waking up in the ground its horrible my bump took full force so i was hysterical baby is ok but im absolutely terrified itl happen wen im on my own

Apparently it can be low bp or one of my friends sed its a blood flow problem iv got the most horrific hip pain have had from 24weeks so obviously baby is on a nerve

I went to maternity to b checked but they took no bloods just my bp which they sed was fine

The only things i can think of was that morning id had black spots in front ma eyes an id bn bouncinv on ma birthing ball literslly just before i left the house....seeing consultant today and im gonna tell him i want baby out my nerves are shot to pieces xx

This happened to me on monday one minute i was standing on the doorstep nxt i was waking up in the ground its horrible my bump took full force so i was hysterical baby is ok but im absolutely terrified itl happen wen im on my own

Apparently it can be low bp or one of my friends sed its a blood flow problem iv got the most horrific hip pain have had from 24weeks so obviously baby is on a nerve

I went to maternity to b checked but they took no bloods just my bp which they sed was fine

The only things i can think of was that morning id had black spots in front ma eyes an id bn bouncinv on ma birthing ball literslly just before i left the house....seeing consultant today and im gonna tell him i want baby out my nerves are shot to pieces xx

It's so scary when that happens! When I was pregnant with my first I fell down a slight of stone steps right onto my stomach and had to lie on my front on the ground until paramedics arrived... It took them
An hour and I was totally hysterical because I was on my front and hadn't felt baby move, plus it was snowing and they left me a sodding hour! My mw was so not impressed!

Baby was totally fine hough- they're nicely cushioned in there

I know your center of gravity shifts when you are pregnant which can make you more prone to trips and falls. it happenend me in my last pregnancy :) I would have my BP checked though just to be safe . x

Jojo they did my BP but no bloods. I do get really restless legs & a sore back. I have an anterior placenta so maybe the baby is pressing against a nerve in my spine? Although the hosp never mentioned anything like this. I am just trying to work out what I think it could be.

Ah the centre of gravity! Never even thought of that. Praying it's just a weird wee blip & will stop soon. Hosp phoned yesterday, got neuro app for Tues, glad they are seeing me quickly.

Thanks for the replies girls xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back