I just taught myself..

Momma`Kat

Reaction score
.. How to knit!

Ok so I already learned AGES ago, but had to refresh myself.. Even if I can STILL only do a garter stitch >.< Ohwell, Works well enough..

Onto baby blanket!!

Im motivated, And finally something usefull I can do without moving.. :)

I tried to knit and i kind of got the hang of it, but i didn't know how to tie it up to stop it coming loose and after it came loose acouple if times i gave up :(

aaawww, well done! i can knit scarves! don't know if i could manage anything else! i tried teaching myself how to crochet the other week and got so confused i gave up :-( xx

i tryed to knit once didnt come out so good haha

Well done!! I'd love to, but I know I'd just get upset when it goes wrong!!

Meh, im not fussed if theres a dropped stitch here or there (i know ive dropped atleast two, and im on the second row.. Yeah im slow at it lol) And besides, even with instructions i dont know how to fix them!

But it makes it more personal dont it ? :)

http://www.learn2knit.co.uk if anyone is interested >.<

Oooh thanks for the link Momma'Kat, I can knit but only blanket squares and nothing fancy, I just don't understand how to read the patterns! I will have a read on there, and see if I can increase my range as far as a basic baby something!

I will post a pic of a wonky bootie that looks remarkably like a scarf in a month for you all to admire , ok?

Last edited:
LOL Yeah I got a pattern for a blanket when I bought the needles and stuff.. Cant understand it.. SOO im making it up.

Giant garter stitch rectangle.. Cant be that hard.

Well except for casting off, I made a garter stitch teddy bear once (Well a head and an arm for one anyway) and never cast off.. Just superglued the end to the rest of it >.<

Aw I wish I knew how to do it! Not that i've got the time mind! My mum went thru a massive knitting stage a while back and everyone i knew had scarfs off her! Even mu sisters teachers ha them cos they loved all the ones she was wearig :rofl:

My mum used to try to teach me how to knit but I always ended up with more holes than blanket! Lol x go you though! How cool to be able to make stuff for baby x

I have a friend who knits obssesively, So might wrangle stuff off her.. Im not even going to attempt anything more than the blanket LOL

mym mom can knit (only plain things) and she can crochet, she taught me how hold the needle/needles and I did a swatch of both and she helped me get the right tension (not so tight that it wouldn't come of the needle and not soo loose that you see holes in it).

Then I just started making small items, easy baby things (like a hat etc). You can really practise with this and have a quick result. If you make something big like a blanket and you are really a first time knitter it will not look nice because the first parts you make will be not a nice as the ones you do later on. Also it is a very big project and I find this demotivating especially if you are not a fast knitter.

Also you can see great advice and tips on youtube (if you are uncertain how to hold the needles and/or do a special stitch).

with patterns you can always ask a lady in a yarn shop to explain the basics (the are always happy to help). :)

good luck!

I wish I was faster.. Takes me about half an hour to do a row at the moment .. Then again i cast on about 200 (Yes, About, I counted to 120 and gave up, it looks the right width lol)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back