Obstetric colestasis. Advice needed...

lio

Reaction score
Hello
I am 37 weeks and 3 days pregnant...After few weeks of itching had my blood test done and it's positive! :shock: I have obstetric colestasis... :( Had to go to hospital straight away and be monitored for half an hour. The most terrifying thing is that they want to induce me on Monday (i will be 38 weeks then). :shock: They said they don't know enough about this condition... baby can have slightly higher chance being stillborn, but even this is not prooved. I don't know what to do... Can't risk the baby even if it is small chance of complications, but hate the idea of being induced earlier... any advice? I am depressed... :(

there is a sticky at the top of tri 3 about this subject....you might find something helpful in there x

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Let them do what they think is best for your baby. I was tested, the tests came back normal but the itching hasn't stopped so I'm being monitored closely. I even have a scan tomorrow. I won't be induced but I'm letting them do whatever they want because I suppose they know best. If they wanted me to be induced I wouldn't refuse.

Don't worry too much, i'm sure baby is fine. :hug:

Thanks i think i will have an induction on Monday. I am just scared to have early induction, is labour supposed to be more painful and long?

I had OC with Jack and had to be induced at 37 weeks and TBH I found his labour/birth much easier than when i had Emily and i went naturally with her

I was dosed to the eyeballs with Emily and did it with out pain relief with Jack
Every birth and labour is differant, there is know way to predict how easy or hard it will be

But good luck hun xx

Don't know about being induced, never had it done. I have heard its more painfull but from my own experience i've given birth 3 times and each one is different, some more painfull, some less.

Its hard to say if an induced one would be more painfull or not as it could have been a hard labour even if they'd gone naturally.

Don't worry, at the end of the day there is still pain relief/epiduarl if you want it and its the safety of your baby that counts.

:hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back