I Hate...

FBTTN8079

Reaction score
The pang of jealousy/envy that I get when I hear of someone I know has a pregnancy announcement

One of the girls at work has just come in with her 7 week scan

I'm pleased for her as she's a lovely girl but I'm gutted I also want a little bean and a little scan picture x

Sorry I can't say it to anyone else as I'm sure they would think I was a right bitch!!

BabyDust *****

I get that way too. My ex and his wife are expecting and when they told my daughter they did it by giving her framed pics of the 12 wk scan. I have to look at them every time I go in her bedroom. It cuts me so deeply seeing them but she's so excited about becoming a big sister I don't have the heart to take it down. It should be me giving her a little brother or sister, we were ttc before they even got married. I keep how I feel to myself because I don't want anyone to think it's about him when it's not, I just want my bean x

It's horrid isn't it :-(

And it's not like we all choose to feel it but your right it cuts so deep and hits like a train every time x

BabyDust *****

Yep I get that too! I am ok once it's sunk in, but it's definitely a kick in the womb at first!

I'm like that too, isn't everyone a little jealous when you see someone has something that you want! I think it is normal. Fingers crossed we all get our own soon :)

I've got two friends who are 20 weeks and I see them every week, I've almost developed a phobia of seeing their bumps growing, feel anxious beforehand and everything, not good xx

It's horrible isn't it. I feel like that all the time, so happy for people but so jealous. Hubby dreads telling me about friends who are preggers as it ends in tears every time. And it makes me feel like a terrible person, but we've all been there. Don't be too hard on yourself we've all done it x

I know exactly how you feel!! Someone at work (I don't even know her very well other than to say hello as she s in a different team), announced her pregnancy to her colleagues last week - they were talking in the shared kitchen/eating area and everyone was laughing and getting excited. I just wanted to slap her :shock: I was disgusted at myself but couldn't shake the feeling of absolute raging envy and jealousy :-( I couldn't even bring myself to say congratulations or smile, I just scuttled off and waited till they had gone :cry: I hate what this TTC journey is turning me into - a big green eyed monster.

Last edited:
It's horrible eh? Turns you into a person you don't wanna be. I have a smug pregnant girl at work and I just wanna hit her sometimes. She got married a month before me last year and has asked me on 2 occasions when I'm gonna have a baby. My reply was 'when we are ready, we are still too busy having fun just now! ;-)' x x

I'm exactly the same :oooo: feels horrible afterwards but I really can't help it :shakehead:

arrgghhh i know exactly how you feel, its horrible and I hate feeling jealous and envious. My good friend is 13 weeks pregnant and she wasn't even ttc i'm over the moon for her but it's so hard when I see here. Especially as she didn't even know I was pregnant and mc.

The worst thing is that some people know that we are ttc so they constantly ask me every month if I am pregnant I just feel like shouting at them and then even worse are the family members that keep asking us when we are going to have a baby because "you've been together for 11 years now and it's about time".

What really annoys me is that people who hadn't even thought about having kids just seem to 'accidentally' get pregnant.....erm HOW the f do they do that????

I know !! So frustrating & u do mean then well but Ffs why not us goes through every time!!

Jeez I know ! So frustrating! They don't even know when they dtd if the ov and bam up the duff! Then there's us, temps and cp monitoring & opk's and soft cups conceive plus! Lol the list goes on xxx

BabyDust *****

That made me laugh saying you wanted to hit and slap them! I was talking to a colleague last year about TTC, she said they weren't bothered about kids, now she's pregnant and said it took ages! 4 months! I told her we were still trying and she said "you could go to the doctor for tests,we were just about to, but then we 'relaxed' and it happened! I wanted to scream! Then I was really mean and said we'd had 5 tests, a painful invasive procedure and that I'd even been cut open! That shut her up!

I definitely feel like this! There is a girl at work in my team who is pregnant, wasn't even trying, doesn't seem bothered about it at all.

And everywhere I turn there is women with bloody "baby on board" badges!!! Enough already!

I feel like that too and everyone else seems to be getting pregnant with ease x

After I wrote that last post I had a dream in the night that I met Paul McCartney (I'm not a particular fan or anything!) and the offending colleague butted in and took over the conversation, completely leaving me out! No prizes for guessing what that was about! :)

After I wrote that last post I had a dream in the night that I met Paul McCartney (I'm not a particular fan or anything!) and the offending colleague butted in and took over the conversation, completely leaving me out! No prizes for guessing what that was about! :)

Lol!! X

BabyDust *****

I got pregnant very easily in April
We dtd once, we weren't even trying
But nonetheless I was happy
Sadly at just under 10 weeks I miscarried
Easy come, easy go...
Already I feel like I can't go onto the usual tri 1 threads
I kinda feel resentment and jealousy
Why is it ok for them but not for me?
:'(
Lifes just shitty at times

Sorry about your loss
I have a list on my phone of people who have announced their pregnancies whilst me and oh have been TTC it's at 21 now and some of the babies have celebrated their 1st birthdays.... I know the second wave of pregnancy announcements will be soon. TTC is evil and so unfair but we will all be over the moon when we finally get a BFP. Stay strong girls it's a tough ride x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back