I hate families!

SarahH

Reaction score
Why is it families suck so much and all they want to do is interfear and cause arguments.

My Dad is interfearing saying I HAVE to get rid of my dog before the baby arrives or (and I quote) "I could make my life a living hell" he already does!! My dog is an old (8yrs) Caviler King charles - all he is interested in is sleeping - would cause no harm what-so-ever!

Then, a few months back my Dad had a go at my husband - not sure what was said I wasn't there - but my husband said my dad made him feel the size of a pea-pod the way he spoke to him - which doesnt surprise me as he's good at that. Anyways, my husband was on the phone to his Dad at the weekend (they live in the States) they are due to arrive the 8th July for the baby coming and aparently his Dad wants to talk to my Dad as he's had enough of him treating me and my husband like poo.
I dont want this to happen as I know my Dad and it'll just make things worse.

I hate this - I should be so excited about my own little family expanding - not worrying. I cried myself to sleep last night about it and I'm in tears again now typing this.

I cant beleive my Dad would do this to me especially today as it's 4yrs to the day since my Mum died and I'm upset with that as it is.

I just want to pack all my stuff and me and my husband run away together.

S. xx

Sarah sounds like you're having a right old time of it! Sending you some good vibes to try and make you feel a bit better :pray: . You should just tell your dad that he's upsetting you by saying all of this, and that maybe he should just try and chill out before he comes to visit you and the family. Sounds like he's almost looking to pick a fight, he's coming as a guest and so he should behave like one.
If it makes you feel any better I think we all have a family member in our lifes who could be a little more mindful (to say the least) - mine is my mom, I hope she's not going to be as pushy with me as she was when my sister had her baba, don't think that either my OH or me will stand for it!
Hun, take a deep breath, have a nice cool drink and put your feet up! It will all be okay :wink: .

Thats whats annoying me the most - he is setting all these rules but he hasnt stepped inside my house for over 2yrs!!

I know i'll see him 2 or 3 times after the baby is born and then not see him again!!

S. xx

Hun I think you should just say it as it is, if that's the way you feel then tell him that, otherwise he might be thinking that's he doing you a favour -playing the father figure roll which by the sounds of it he hasn't been doing for a long time. Just like my dad, he's been out of my life for so long it's almost akward speaking / seeing him as we have so little in common, luckily he's not the pushy type at all - to mousy mi thinks :roll: !

could it be that he's still missing your mum. He wants to care for someone... but finds it hard to express himself. Maybe this is his way of caring but he's getting it all wrong. Caring for your wife and caring for your grown up daughter (who is married) are 2 completely different things... He might not realise he's being over powering or over stepping the boundery between being helpful and over brearing...

Talk to him and tell him you love him but you have your own ways and soon to have your own little family (that you want to share with him) Tell him the beauty of being a parent is learning as you go along and you feel he has educated you well enough to be a good mum and make the right decisions....

Maybe by the time July 8th comes your father inlaw will have calmed down. Tell him the last thing you want it upset and confrontation at the most happiest time of your life... you don't need to be worrying yourself sick just when your baby is due.

I might be totally off the mark... i don't know!

x

hi ya hun
i have a 1 yr 9 month old cavielier and altho playfull love braydon to bits if she wouldnt harm B i cant see an 8 yr old one would hurt a bubs ignore him his a man lol

Awww... thank you all.

The truth is me and my Dad have never really got on. And things got worse when my mum died - I think in some way he blames me as I cared for her full time when I still lived at home and when me and Brian (my now husband) finally decided to get a place of our own, we got the keys on the Friday and Mum passed on the Wednesday.

S. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back