I got ANOTHER doppler!

EssJayPea

Reaction score
Decided to get a digital doppler as I wanted to see the fhr and decided I really wasn't quite obsessed enough :)

If you are thinking of getting one, 'Comin fetal doppler' is a-mazing! We got the hb right away at 170 bpm. It also has a big speaker with the option of headphones. I paid £38 on ebay but is by far the most exciting purchase I've made yet. We both gulped when it flashed up :) xx

How exciting :) mine arrived today but I think I was doing it wrong or baby was running away....I would only see the heart beat for a few seconds and then it would disappear. I'd then find it again on the other side of my tum but again would only show the bpm for a few seconds. Also I couldn't hear it, can you hear yours? I'm not panicking just expecting to hear it if I can see the bpm.

Xxx

Ps the volume was on max just in case anyone wondered :) x

Hi hun. I had MIL there when I first tried it and was ready to bop her on the head with it as she was stressing me out and I couldn't find it. Calmed myself down, Googled for advice, and got it this evening both bpm and audible.

Try a full bladder and pop the probe fairly central but lower down. You can then tilt it in the direction of your pubic bone and Fx you should hear it as well as see it. The little beggars wriggle about as well though so you have to persevere. So great that you saw the fhr - such a comfort :) xx

I still haven't heard hb! Not worried though cos seen my baby on scan since and they never sit still so that explains it :) xxxx

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Agree completely it's not the be all and end all. It's just a little obsession of mine :) x

I really do not intend to scare anyone so sorry in advance if it does...

So I told my mum about the doppler and how the heartbeat would show for a few seconds and then disappear like baby was running away. Anyway she just rang me asking me not to use it again because she is scared it is hurting the baby.

I understand she is not to use to all this technology that is readily available to us so it is the unknown that scares her but I thought I would do a little research and now I am scared myself!!! I’m really sorry if it panics anyone but I read that they should not be used daily – there are no website that give factual information on any damage but some people are saying that the reason why the baby runs away is because of the noise. I’m really confused and a bit scared to use it again now :shock:. HELP? Or at least point me in the right direction of a reputable website!!!

xxx

I read that too and it also said there was the same danger with ultrasound scans. That's partly the reason I'm not trying mine again til I'm further on but also not finding the heartbeat day after day would scare me xxxx

No matter what you do during pregnancy, if you google it there will usually always be something scary about why you shouldn't do it lol. Google is the devil and I try to stay away now as I diagnose myself with all sorts! I'm sure when I hear hb for first time I won't be able to put the doppler away xxxx

I don't even know why I google - I know it is stuuuuupid. You can't even find anything from the NHS - Just opinions. Anyway thanks xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waqas432
Back