I finally did it....

xxbeckyxx

Reaction score
just sold my gorgeous 2 seater sports car :( But now I can embrace my impending motherhood without worrying about loan repayments, whoop!
I was looking through the paperwork and I bought it on the 20th March, then found out I was pregnant on 1st April, so at least I had a few days to enjoy it :p

Lol I ha to sell my beauty too, got myself a nice sensible family car now-but ido actually quite like it! X

Luckily I kept my old polo so have just gone back to that, otherwise I don't know what I'd have done!

aww bless ya,

at least uve had some fun with it,

im really starting to think i need to either swop cars with hubby, (ive got a clio n hes got a vectra) or get a 5 door car, but i dont actually want to sell it, if that makes sence, lol but i really dont think he will do a permanent swop, :-(

lol the things we have to do hey?

x

I had to get a 5 door car before i got pregnant as we knew it was on the cards but once I can get away with it I am going to get a mini!

Ive got a 2 seater sports car too, and gutted it has to go! Think im going to cry, lol! Hoping no one wants it - who buys a convertible in the winter!
x

Oh no, well you at least had 6 months to treat yourself to it before kids, as it won't happen now again till you about 50! ha

I'm Trying to get our car fixed as clutch has gone, needs to keep working now we have done the deed and have Devon arriving soon, as it's a renault laguna , we have had it for years , prob since my 9 year old was 1! But now we really need it to keep going as it's a estate with 2 proper child seats that pop up in the boot, making oti a 7 seater, but we can't afford a people carrier.

One boot seat will have to have the pushchair strapped in it, or we will have to go to really skimpy stroller when we use the car ! and the other will have to take one of my larger kids! I can see arguments coming over who will sit in the normal back seats with Devon!

lea - I lost quite a bit of money on it because it's winter, but it had to go! I'd say keep hold of yours till April and then sell it, and make the most of it while you have it!!!

JJ - When we were kids (there were 5 of us), we just had an old estate car and if we went out as a family two of us had to lay in the boot, that caused some arguments! And once we left my 4 yr old brother at home cos mum assumed he was in the boot and he wasn't lol :) Fun times!

We desperately need a new car :( making me quite upset actually at the moment. We have had our little Punto for 4 years. Its notactually a bad size, the pram fits nicely into it and room for passengers next to the carseat BUT there is something draining the battery- some days its completely flat and will not start at all. It only happens in the winter and has done for the last 3 years. WHICH IS ALL WE NEED WITH LABOUR AROUND THE CORNER!!!! The car itself is only worth around £1000 now and we spent £500 on it last year putting in a new gear box. It has to be taken to a computer diagnostics to find out whats draining the battery but that will cost a fortune! :( I just cant afford anything new at the moment and its making me so sad!!!! xx

Pudds - I had the same problem with my polo, if I didn't drive it every 12 hours then it would just die on me. Turned out the *expert* who had linked up my radio had made it so it ran off the battery 24/7 and poor polo just couldn't cope with it!
Only found this out after a new alternator and new battery, although both were off the scrapyard and daddy fitted them for me so it wasn't too expensive :)
Hope you get yours sorted but it's so hard with a car of that sort of value cos you start thinking it might be best just to save for a new one!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back