• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

I fell on the ice :(

megsmeadow

Reaction score
Well I've been waiting on it happening but right when the thaw starts I end up on my rear end!!! :wall2: Luckily I was with my friend and holding her wee girls hand. I think I was more conscious of her wee girl falling than me but my left foot slipped on ice and I landed on my left hip. Surprisingly I don't feel too sore, just around my coccyx (which has been uncomfortable anyway with these new and improved stretchy ligaments).
On my way home I dropped into my GP surgery to ask about my next midwife appointment and mentioned it, they gave me a duty dr appointment straight away. I had to wait another hour however spoke to the GP and she wasn't concerned, giving the usual advice. She said babies are well protected and other than the discomfort from the fall everything else has been fine, no spotting or anything. I just worry!!
Today again I'm not too sore but think I might have a UTI starting up as it's that sort of discomfort going on too :eh: I'm clumsy at the best of times but what a numpty!!

Oh dear, not what you want to be worrying about is it? :hug: I would say rest a little bit but keep moving just incase you start to get stiff - get better soon xx

Well I've been waiting on it happening but right when the thaw starts I end up on my rear end!!! :wall2: Luckily I was with my friend and holding her wee girls hand. I think I was more conscious of her wee girl falling than me but my left foot slipped on ice and I landed on my left hip. Surprisingly I don't feel too sore, just around my coccyx (which has been uncomfortable anyway with these new and improved stretchy ligaments).
On my way home I dropped into my GP surgery to ask about my next midwife appointment and mentioned it, they gave me a duty dr appointment straight away. I had to wait another hour however spoke to the GP and she wasn't concerned, giving the usual advice. She said babies are well protected and other than the discomfort from the fall everything else has been fine, no spotting or anything. I just worry!!
Today again I'm not too sore but think I might have a UTI starting up as it's that sort of discomfort going on too :eh: I'm clumsy at the best of times but what a numpty!!

I got told this aswell by my midwife she wasnt concerned when i had a fall on a sheet of bloody ice and it really hurt, she said the baby was well protected on the inside of the sac, i was worrying all the way until i brought a doppler. I think midwives are aload of :mad::mad::mad: lolx

:hug: Of course you'll worry hun but they really are very well cushioned :)

Oh no! Hope you feel better soon, and hope we dont get any more ice!!

Our bodies are truly amazing!! There's just so much to worry about at the best of times!!

:hug: Glad you and bubs are ok hun xx

Glad you're both ok :hug: Hope the pain gets better soon x

glad ur ok and hope the hip doesn't hurt too much :)

Oh no, glad you are ok and the dr said there was nothing to worry about.
Best to check though isn't it hun.
Rest well and hope your pain in your hip heals soon

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Briguebbon
Back