I feel like a bad person ;(

chuchu

Reaction score
Hi everyone - i think i'm just looking for a bit of support ;(

I just found out that I'm pregnant 2 days ago. It was really unexpected - my boyfriend and I have always been careful (5 years together) but we are in a good situation so even though it was a shock we are ready and able to have the baby.

However I have always been a bit of a party person - i play in band and have enjoyed the lifestyle that goes a long with it. Obviously now that i know i am pregnant i am going to 100 % quit smoking and drinking and recreational drug taking. I think I am only 1-2 weeks pregnant ( I am seeing a doctor on tuesday so i will know for sure) But over the last few weeks I have smoked my usual 10 cigarettes a day and drunk a few times and the day before I found out about the pregnancy i went on a bit of a coke and alcohol binge with friends. No that i know I am pregnant i will take really good care of myself and the baby and do everything possible to make sure that its ok - but i'm just scared that i've already done damage. ;((( I'm looking forward to talking to the doctor about it on Tuesday.

Hi and congrats to you! :dance: Great for you to join us everyone is lovely on here really supportive. Don't worry about what you have done before you found out as long as you are trying to be healthy now. I remember when i found out I had been out on the lash got myself totally trolleyed a few times, eating sushi and foods i shouldnt, but as the DR said as long as I stop from that moment there wont be any damage.You are in the early days so its fine. You need to quit smoking though hun and no alcohol either, when you are thinking of your baby.Lol Dust xxx :wave: :hug:

Lots of women drink, smoke and take drugs before they realise they are pregnant!

Only advice I can give you is STOP now - I was a 20 a day smoker, and managed to quit the day after I found out I was pregnant, my hubby has also quit now too!

Because the placenta doesnt start supporting the baby for the 1st few weeks of pregnancy, I have read that drinking, smoking etc before the placenta kicks in isnt ideal, but a lot better than doing them after the placenta has started to support your baby.

You definitely need to speak to your doctor though, although have a feeling they will say time will tell.......

Good luck on Tues

thanks for your replies guys. I'm feeling a lot better today. You're right - can't change what I didn't know before I knew i was pregnant - the important thing is to do everything best for the baby from now on.

Have a god day ;)

chuchu the fact you feel like a bad person means you're actually a good one! you care about your actions and thats great :)

and remember - babies get born to class a drug addicts - you sound like your head is screwed on right and you've got your priorities right - good on ya!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back