Having a bit of a freak out.....

mum2b410

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I know this is going to sound a bit crazy but I am freaking out about being pregnant!......Don't get me wrong, I am so happy and lucky to be pregnant but I think the reality and enormity of it is beginning to hit me..........I am a real worrier and I am starting to think that, although this is what I want, maybe I'm not going to be good enough? What if I don't bond with my baby? What if I can't take care of it properly? What if I do something wrong?
I know I shouldn't be saying 'what if' but I can't help it!
I think it's because my best mate has just had her little one and it's made the task of actually looking after a child and having that level responsibility very real!
Maybe I'm just feeling very nervous and scared because it's my first scan on Tuesday.............don't know what I'll do if something is wong :-s
Just want to feel happy and excited, but it's so hard!:roll:

I understand. It's hard to be mature and 'mother-like' about the situation when your bombarded with all these negative thoughts and worries. If this is what you want, there's not a doubt in my mind you won't be good at it. Of course it's going to be hard, and the reality of pregnancy is still only just sinking in with me too, but all you can do is try your best and I'm pretty sure once you hold your baby you'll know exactly what to do.

Right now I think you should concentrate on the present and enjoy your pregnancy if you can. Take care of yourself too and you'll be holding your baby in no time. Good luck with the scan xxx

I don't think any of us can actually grasp what it will be like until we get there, but you will be fine. I'm sure it's a very steep learning curve when the baby arrives, but every new mum is in the same boat.

As tiffany says, enjoy your pregnancy, try to focus on the present and deal with everything else as and when it happens, easy to say I know, but you'll be fine hun xx

try to relax and enjoy !!! there is plenty of time to worry when little one is here !!! i,m a firm beleiver in mums know best its like instinct . sure there may b a few things u have to b shown to do but u will know your baby best and thats the bit to hold on to !! try and get some practice in with your friends little one it might put your mind at rest xxxx

Thanks guys! I am feeling a bit more positive today- have been reading the pregnancy book my midwife gave me and trying not to worry too much. I'm a perfectionist though and just want to know how to do everything straight away and get it right first time- not realistic I know!
I think if everything is OK at the scan and I can share my news with everyone it will help me to be more positive and excited as I can talk about it more freely and feel less isolated.
Thank you for your support tho, it really does help xxxx

Try not to worry about it mum2b, I felt exactly the same until my scan, then it blew me away and I cried my eyes out. Once the scan is over and you see your little one you will feel on top of the world and all that worry just melts away :) xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back