i could crack up

sarafet

Reaction score
my scan still hasn't been referred to the maternity :evil:

i just called to see if they had a date yet and they said, no we still don't have your name on the database :evil:

i think i'm nearer 11 weeks and i was supposed to have an early scan! uhhhh. i still haven't spoken to anyone about antenatal care, etc, lucky i have this place or i wouldn't have a clue about anythg :cry:

aww hun go back to your doctors and demand they phone up and get your name on the books
manda xx

thats what im doing just now manda :wall:

i'm just sick of having to chase people for an appointment, and i'm only in first tri. the doctors reception said - oh your doctors been off.. well why hasn't someone put it through!!! i can't believe i'm not even registered at a maternity yet!

now waiting for the receptionist to call back giving me more info, i feel like this is all a joke. i mean what if something had happened in the last 2 weeks, who would i phone? my doctor? who i have to wait 2 weeks for an appointment to see? :doh:

Doctors are so frustrating and receptionists are even worse, I had problems with mine when I first found out I was pg.

I havent seen anyone yet either, although I do have my first booking appointment with the midwife next week so hopefully that should get things moving.

Have you seen your midwife yet?

I wont be getting a scan until 20 weeks cause they only give you one in my area, I get really jealous when I see everyone going for scans at 11/12 weeks, I wish I could see me baby too.

I would try and call teh doctors again & dont explain anything to the receptionist but say you want to book in with the midwife then hopefully the midwife can refer you for yoru early scan.

Good luck

Thanks Charlie :hug:

No we don't get assigned midwives over here apparantly, we just see whoever when we're given an appointment.

I haven't seen anyone except my own GP.

Thats a shame that you only get 1 scan :( That would drive me crazy :(

I'm still waiting for the receptionist to get back to me, it's unbelievable :cry:

phoned the doctors again to see whats going on and apparantly they sent my referral :evil: so why does the maternity not know who i am!!!

their going to send another referral :wall:

this is so much hassle :(

Couldn't you just scream. Rubbish doctors. It'll be worth it when you get to your scan and hopefully once you're on their maternity list everything will start to go swimmingly. Think you're due a bit of good luck :hug:

i phoned there and they said they got my referral through this morning.. :roll:

that's been over 2 weeks..

i probs won't even get my early dating scan now bc of this.

they said they'll send it out asap, but i bet the appointment will be like 4 weeks away or something :(

how far away was everyone else' scan from the date you received it?

xxx

Well I'm probably an isolated case..... I rang my docs last night to ask when my 12 week scan was. They said antenatal at hosp might know so I rang there who said I wasn't due one. I explained I'd been asked to go for a dating one at 12 weeks and she offered me one for this morning at 8.30. Failing that she had a number of slots for Friday.

It's such a funny thing to wait so long for because it really is an in and out in 2 minutes job. Your doctors sounds rubbish. You'll get there in the end and it'll be worth it. Just think that when you do get in there for a scan at last you'll be able to see so much more because it'll be that bit bigger :)

Stick with it :hug:

hope your scan ate will be soon hun only problem is if they think your only 8 weeks they might make you wait anotuher 4 weeks for a scan
only thing you could try would be to ring up when you get it though and say youve just been over your dates and think you are 2 weeks father along then first thought
they might give you an early one then
but hopefully it will be in the next week or so your scan
manda xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back