I caved and I'm blaming the mid-wife ;)

Potbelijo

Reaction score
I'd never heard of dopplers before I came to these forums, so part of the blame lies with you lot :lol: All along I've said that it would be nice to have one, but I don't need it for the reassurance. I don't know why but I just feel Pixie is okay.

However, I went to see the mid-wife for my blood results a couple of weeks ago. All was fine no nasty surprises. Then she asked for my sample, which I had forgot so she gave me the sample bottle to go do one. When I went to the loo there was no loo roll, no paper towels nothing. So I tootled off to reception to get some. (there was no way I was going to try to pee in a two centimetre wide bottle without something to clean up with :angel: )

The receptionist took ten minutes to get some, because it was locked away. Reason being people keep nicking it! So....... the mid-wife comes looking for me as she's now running late and there are pregnant women slowly filling the waiting room, no one is happy that I didn't just stamp my feet and hand her a wet bottle but I finally get my loo roll and give her the sample.

Aaaanyway... she comes to listen to Pixie's heartbeat, she does it in a flash pats me on the head and shuffles me out. She didn't tell me the bpm and I forgot to ask about ante-natal doings. The good thing is she did find the heartbeat straight away and it was very strong an clear.

Sooo the whole point is I felt robbed and didn't have time to take it. It wasnt till I got home that I was all "Wow that was really Pixie!" and the tears came. I felt bad anyway as the OH wasn't with me and didn't hear it at all.

So I've consoled myself with ordering a doppler from Amazon and this is my excuse :D

Oh, another funny point.... the in-laws were wondering if were actually calling the baby Pixie :) bless them.

I love my doppler, its so special listening to the heart beat on a lazy sunday morning!

aw she could of let you listen for a min! meany!

When i had my bleed on monday night i went on to anti natal ward and the MW got the doppler out to listen, it took ages to find the heart beat but finally there was the clippity clop of my baby's heart and i said to her that it was the first time we had ever heard it, she was really chuffed that we had shared that moment with her but surprised that i hadn't heard it yet!

You will have loads of fun with your doppler and i am sure it will be worth every penny!

I caved too! I wasn't going to get one as read if you can't find it one day then you'll naturally panic, which i didn't want, then read a review by a midwife who was basically saying don't do it, leave it to the profesasionals. Which i agreed with but my willpower is rubbish and i caved...again i blame it on this forum as i was jealous of everyone else hearing their babies!!

But best thing ever, i haven't had any problems finding heartbeat i suppose as i didn't get it too early, sometimes it takes longer and sometimes straight away, just gotta be patient. I don't use it too often either just in case it's too much for LO.

It's soo nice for me to do, to hear it beating away is soo relaxing, but i really think it's been even better for OH so he feels more connected as obviosuly can't feel the bodily changes and couldn't feel kicks until recently. He'd get really excited and say let's do the heartbeat thing and be amazed when we picked it up, and i let him try and find it sometimes which he loves too. I've also had it out for all our parents and my friends and everyone has loved hearing the heartbeat, kinda brings it home to people i think what you've got going on inside you!

Enjoy it!!

oh you wont regret it, its the best thing i ever did. whenever im feeling a bit low, i just listen to my little man and feel so much better. plus is good when i havent felt movements for a while, just to reassure myself.

x

Ive just started a thread on this...I want to get one as I had one with DS but I want a decent one thats shows the RPM!!!

Can any one recommend any good ones?

just wanted to say if this baby was a girl it would have been Eden Pixie :D

Aw that's so sweet!

Well it came, and we found Pixie straight away. I took it over to my mam's to let her listen and no joy couldn't find a heartbeat. We found Pixie again this morning, must be a wiggly little mite. :)

The OH timed the heartbeat with a watch to aprox 162 bpm. I've been all oooh aaah and dewey eyed since, he was all yeah... okay. Tsk men!

It's just cos he's scared :D

Ooh, if you go by the over/under 140 thingy, you have a little girl! :)

Glad you are pleased with it. I didn't get one (but more because I couldn't warrant psending any money on it! :( ) but I would have loved to have a few seconds recorded of baby's heartbeat. I thought my 4D dvd might but it didn't record sound apparently.

Hope you have lots of fun with your doppler. :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back