soooooo confused :(

LucyB.

Reaction score
The doctors are really annoying with this uti. Last week I went with symptoms they tested it and the doctor said there was trace of infection so I was put on antibiotics. She sent my sample to the hospital and when I rang for the results on monday she said the hospital said my sample was clear. I told her I was still having the symptoms and she told me to bring another sample in the following day and she'd test it again but she said it would probably be the baby pressing on the bladder. Took another sample in today and just got a phone call saying its been sent away to the hospital again cos there's sign of infection! She said there's no nitrates there but there's some leukocytes? Does any1 know the difference? Should I be worried? I've been put on more antibiotics. Has any1 else had a lot of uti's? I'm so worried about baby x

Leukocytes are like dead infection cells, signs that there was an infection at some point :). I only know this cause I had to have my wee tested yesterday! I had a UTI as well not too long ago and was put on antibiotics, best thing to do is just finish the course and see how you feel after :). If there is any infeciton the anti's will clear it right up, you need not worry. xxx

Make a pregnancy ticker

I have had uti non stop i know how u feel hugs x

I've had to have mine sent off too and not heard what it is yet it says in my notes blo+ if anyone knows what that is?? Thankfully the consultant and midwife were very kind unlike the midwife who tested urine and bp and explained its nothing to worry about as it can sometimes happen throughout people's pregnancies. I've not had any symptoms but got a cold off of my lo.

Hi Lucy, just wondering what happened with you? I have a high level of leukocytes in my urine too but no nitrates, also raised ketones, ph and sg, waiting for call from gp. Didn't know if you may be able to shred some light. Thanks hun :) x x

UTIs are horrible. I used to get them all the time but I take cranberry extract every day and touch wood I haven't had one in years - might be worth a try.... Try not to worry about your baby - I'm sure the docs won't give you anything harmful and UTI won't hurt them either xxx

Hi Lucy, just wondering what happened with you? I have a high level of leukocytes in my urine too but no nitrates, also raised ketones, ph and sg, waiting for call from gp. Didn't know if you may be able to shred some light. Thanks hun :) x x
Raised ketones means there is traces of sugar you may have to have a GTT test done . But it does mean you are diabetic so please don't worry about it .xx

I've had to have mine sent off too and not heard what it is yet it says in my notes blo+ if anyone knows what that is?? Thankfully the consultant and midwife were very kind unlike the midwife who tested urine and bp and explained its nothing to worry about as it can sometimes happen throughout people's pregnancies. I've not had any symptoms but got a cold off of my lo.

Blo+ means there was a trace of blood

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back