I can't get Maternity pay from my employer GGggrrrr....

laetitia85

Reaction score
I'm so anrgy I can't get Statuory Maternity Pay from my employer :x that's because, although I have been working there for 3 years, I have always done part time work with them and don't earn enough to be entitled to SMP. So instead I have to claim through government and they will only pay me 90% of my earnings!! I'm not going to complain, it's still money but I'm just dissapointed that i've served at the same company (done all the crappy jobs :x ) for 3 years!!! and they can't even pay me what i'm due during my pregnancy!!!! it's not their fault, they just follow the law, but it's a bit disappointing!

well, as long as i get my maternity allowance from the government, even if it's a bit less...
:roll:

awww, i suppose 90% isn't too bad, although i bet its maddening for you!

I don't think I will get SMP either - although I've been working as a teacher for the past 5 years and in the same job for 4, since September I was working as a supply teacher so no contract :(

Looks like you're not alone on this one flower. I'm in the same boat too :roll:

Im not even entitled to Government Maternity allowance as im self employed and havent really earned much in the last 12 months as all money has gone back into the business. :(

I got my confirmation in this morning from my employer and I will get omp but have to see if I qualify for ma. It's so annoying. xxx

tuck said:
happy_chick said:
Im not even entitled to Government Maternity allowance as im self employed and havent really earned much in the last 12 months as all money has gone back into the business. :(

Have you looked into this cause you can get MA if you're self employed, dunno what the qualifying details are though

http://www.jobcentreplus.gov.uk/JCP/Cus ... 5.xml.html

Yeah you can get 90% of your earnings which is currently 0 lol

same for me

i got app from job centre webby printed it out sent it off sent matb1 form and 3wage slips too

happy_chick said:

Jo I was in the same boat. As long as you are up to date with your national insurance class 2 (the quater bill that you get) you are entitled to £112 a week as it is assumed that is what you earnt and you don't need to provide proof of earnings you just get the full amount. I didn't think I was entitled but I was :cheer:
PM me in you need any more info

enn said:
same for me

i got app from job centre webby printed it out sent it off sent matb1 form and 3wage slips too

3 payslips only? don't they need 13? your 13 best-paid months? you can choose whichever months you want, i was told, the ones where u earned the most. and also i was told and i read that the earliest you can apply if at 26 weeks, is that right?

Misslarue said:
happy_chick said:

Jo I was in the same boat. As long as you are up to date with your national insurance class 2 (the quater bill that you get) you are entitled to £112 a week as it is assumed that is what you earnt and you don't need to provide proof of earnings you just get the full amount. I didn't think I was entitled but I was :cheer:
PM me in you need any more info

Thanks for the info chick but I have a small earning exemption certificate so means ill get less than £30 a week :shock: they dont help you at all and it really makes me mad! Dunno how we will manage but I spose we'll find a way, looks like ill be out to work not long after baby is born :(

laetitia85 said:
enn said:
same for me

3 payslips only? don't they need 13? your 13 best-paid months? you can choose whichever months you want, i was told, the ones where u earned the most. and also i was told and i read that the earliest you can apply if at 26 weeks, is that right?

something like that yea. they want 13weeks worth not 13 wages slips :)

i gave them 13 piking up £302 every 4weeks, u can get paid weekly if u prefer but i was getting it every 4 from my workplace as in paycheck. but not getting any from work cause i not paid national insurance.

self employed i dunno about that tho.

enn said:
laetitia85 said:
enn said:
same for me

something like that yea. they want 13weeks worth not 13 wages slips :)

i gave them 13 piking up £302 every 4weeks, u can get paid weekly if u prefer but i was getting it every 4 from my workplace as in paycheck. but not getting any from work cause i not paid national insurance.

self employed i dunno about that tho.

Oh great thank for that!

but im not self employed tho.

love your wedding dress btw :)

tuck posted the link to the site of the jobcentre. i posted it through post not got mat b1 form back but dont think i need it do i?

the jobcentre (cause we went in there photocopied it for us) and we sent it off to them with mat b1 form and 3wage slips as i work monthly.

they want 13weeks worth.

u need to look at this id advise printing it out as job centres a nightmare to chat to on phone.

http://www.dwp.gov.uk/advisers/claimforms/ma1_print.pdf

u can fill it out online and print it out filled out already or print it out and fill it out with pen. i filled out in pen as i was using someone elses printer lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back