I am worried! :(

melhoney

Reaction score
tonight, after Maheen's bath, I was changing her and I do this in a cupborad kind of thing (it used to be my desk!), and as I sat her to remove the hooded towel, she pushed with her legs and banged her head quite hard on the upper shelf!!! :cry:
She started crying straight away, and it seemed to me there was a mark on her skull!!! :shock:

I was screaming, poor thing and I rubbed her head, and kissed her (I was crying myself!), and she calmed down.
my husband gave her her feed, which she tool fully, and she even smiles and "talked" after her burps, which came easily.

We checked after that, she is red on her skull, where she banged herself, but there is no mark, as I first thougt! :pray:

I feel so guilty, I can't tell you how much, she is not even 4 months old, and I am dead worried it has triggered something inside her head!! :(

Can someone tell me if it ever happened to them, and if I should do something about it (take her to GP, or A&E)?

She is sleeping, just as usual, but I can't stop thinking, "what if...?"!!!!

Mel xx

I was carrying Seren and she bashed her head off the door frame. Got a red mark and she screamed the place down. I felt just awful. I didn't take her to a&e but kept an eye on her, if she had been sleepy more then usual, sick or drowsy I would have taken her.

Don't feel bad hun, like I have said before if you were not a nice mum you wouldn't have cared that she had bumped her head but I can tell by your post that you ador her and want her to be safe. Maheen is a lucky baby and bumps and bruises are a part of growing up. I had so many accidents when I was little through breaking my collar bone to fallo=ing down the stairs. My mum must have felt so awful, i feel bad for putting her through this.

Awww Sorry Mel I've only just seen this, I hope she fine and you've calmed down.
I know it's hard but try not to feel bad, these thing happen, it's not your fault.

awww hun dont feel bad its not ur fault

once wen B was 3 months old i was walking down the stairs n fell down about 3 i was holding B and didnt drop him but it scared him and me and we were both crying but after a couple of mins he was fine

Hi

I think it happens to everybaby at one point dont worry about it :D
Katrina

Sarah_B's_mummy87 said:
awww hun dont feel bad its not ur fault

once wen B was 3 months old i was walking down the stairs n fell down about 3 i was holding B and didnt drop him but it scared him and me and we were both crying but after a couple of mins he was fine

that happend to me too, my foot missed the step and i slid down 3 steps with Coby in my arms, i lifted him up so he woudnt feel the bumps, scraped all my back tho (they were wooden stairs, no carpet)

mel, im sure Maheen is fine hun, just keep an eye on her, its more of a shock to the parents than it is to the kids im sure.

dont beat yourself up about it, things like that happen all the time, its no ones fault.

xxxx

Sorry just saw this post i hope she's ok now, i'm sure she'll be fine they're tougher than they look, Abi fell of the sofa on to tiled floor head first, the noise was horrendous, i took her to a&e they checked her over and she was fine i just had to wake her every 4 hours to make sure she was ok.

thanks everyone!

I was in such a state last night, could not stop crying! :cry: but my husband was great (as usual!!), and calmed me down. he checked her and she seemed ok. As I said, a small red mark on her skull
I checked her all night though, I had to do it!
Miss Maheen is fine, Thanks God, she doesn't even have a mark anymore, so I decided not to take her to her GP. She drank her milk ok this morning as well, and as the moment, she is sitting in her bumbo, watching TV!!!!!! :lol:
her little private armchair! :lol:

It made such an awful noise when she banged herself, I really thought I had harmed her a lot!!!
well, now, I am using my cot top changer, no more in my desk!!!! I wanted to do it fora couple of weeks, but it was in a place I could not get to...I am blaming my hubbie there :wink:

that's what it took for me to make the decision and ask him to take it out! :wall: :wall:

she seems fine now, anyway, but obviously, I will keep a eye on her!
I fear the stairs!!! it's not happened to me yet, but I really fear them!!!

thanks again, girls, for your support.
Mel xx

P6162076.jpg

already addicted to chocolate, :D
P6162079.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member