I am so ill aarrgghhh!

Misslarue

Reaction score
Dan and I are so ill. I've had flu since Wednesday night. I actually cannot talk because my throat is so sore. OH is pleased!
Poor lil Dan has been up all night burning up and then shaking cold. His temp has been going up to 39.3 poor lil mite.
Just felt like a whinge really :lol:

Does anyone know any good sore throat cures??
I've tried lockets, honey and lemon, salt water and I got so vicks spray.

aaaaaaaaarw poor u and lil man, hope u get better soon!! :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

:( :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: Sorry to hear you are both so poorly :(

The thing I used to always take when feeling like that was the Beechams all in one medicine. It used to help with all the aches and pains asweel as soothing the cough and sore throat too.

Hope you both feel better really soon :hug: :hug: :hug:

I hope you both feel better soon :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Thanks ladies :hug: :hug: :hug:

Jools I have tried the Beechams before its really good :D
But I'm taking ibuprofen and paracetamol, its that bad! NHS direct told me to yesterday (we rang up when Dan started shaking :( ) It works well for a while but you can only take so many in 24 hours. Going to see how my throat is tomorrow but starting to think I might have an infection :think:

I feel your pain!
You poor things.
Tom and I had flu' a few weeks ago and it was awful. Thank God for Mum because she came and took Tom so I could stay in bed.
At least it should be done and out of the way in time for Christmas.
Have you tried Day Nurse?
GET WELL SOON!!!
Lucyxx :hug:

My mum gave me a tiny sip of brandy on a night and it worked.
Must kill off the germs.

Hot blackcurrant is a winner for sore throats hun - and try breathing in some steam too as that will help soothe it too. :hug:

Thanks everyone for replies :hug: :hug:
I'm feeling a bit better today, throats still hurting but I'm not feeling as bad.

Poor Dan though, took him to the Drs today and he's got a chest infection :(

Oh no :( Hugs to both of you :( :hug: :hug: :hug: have you been checked out too for infections hun? :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Thanks Sarah :hug:
No I am feeling much better now, not completely well, but so much better than I was. OH said he has never seen me that ill in the whole 8 years we have been together.

Poor Dan is really sick though. He's just sleeping the whole day and night, coughing and burning up. I really hope he starts to feel a little better by xmas. Hopefully the antibiotics will start to kick in now.

Dr said it may have started as flu but its now a chest infection................so be extra careful mummies :hug:

awww bless :( :hug: :hug: :hug:

Glad your feeling a bit better though. :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Get well soon for Santa Dan!!! :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back