• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

I am scared and embarrassed....(sorry if TMI)***Updated***

Rubys mummy

Reaction score
Not felt well for a few days, had some friends for lunch on thursday and sudenly took ill, felt really ill, ran upstairs and was violently sick for about 5 mins. i then had a terrible pain inmy right side, took my breath away, I was rolling round bathroom floor. Rang OH who came home from work, and my pals stayed with me till he got home. Pain eased in the end, rang docs who said I had probably just eaten something that hadnt agreed with me...Felt rough friday, and had cramping pain in lower tum and lower back on and off all day. Went to bed last night, woke at 2am needing the loo, and when I had a poo :oops: there was dark red blood, like a mucus stringy on the loo paper when I wiped :oops: :shock: Wiped a few times, and it got worse. I havent slept since, I am so scared there is something wrong with me...

Had a few episodes of bleeding in the past, especially when PG, I put it down to straining, and the blood was always bright red so I thought it was a pile...

Going to doc monday, will he examine my bum??? :oops: :oops:

sounds like piles
when i had piles i just bought cream over the counter but my friend had bad piles and the doc had to have a look and feel inside :oops:

Try not to worry too much, it could be nothing but you're doing the right thing getting it checked out. You might need to be examined, I had something very similar when I was about 12 and I had a male doctor put his finger up my bottom (my mum was in the room too) and it was the most embarrassing moment of my life! It turned out to be nothing serious (can't even remember exactly what).

Good luck, hopefully it will be nothing but you're doing the best thing by going to the doc. :hug:

i don't think its piles as you have got pains in your tummy. Its more likely to be an ulcer or something.
go to the doctor zoe and he willl most likely take a poo sample or something. he won't examine your bum i don't think as he will rule other things out first.

Hi all

Just had a text from zoe- she is ok and wants to say thanks to everyone and she will post when she get back from the doctor in the morning. :D

Good luck hun hope all is ok :hug: :hug:

Update from today-had bad night last night-spent half the night sitting on bathroom floor with bad cramps, not sure if I would throw up/have to squirts :oops:

Got to see docs this afternoon, she was so nice (not my ususal grumpy doc :lol: ). She said I was brave for coming, as alot of people are embarrassed to come with bum problems :oops: :oops: She listened to my symptoms and thinks its not something to worry about too much, she thinks the bleeding mucus the other night might of been linked to me vomiting-it could of been a bug and the red bleeding I had during/after pregnancy could be piles. She said she isnt ruling out IBS too....for now I have got antispasmdic tablets to calm my bowel down, and she is refering me to hospital for a colonoscopy (a camera inserted into my bottom to look at the bowel). I am on a non urgent waiting list so it might take a while, but I am reassured and trying not to worry too much for now.

Thanks for your support yet again gals :hug: :hug: :hug: xxxx

Glad you've got it sorted hun, hopefully your tablets will help eh! :hug:

Rubys mummy said:
Update from today-had bad night last night-spent half the night sitting on bathroom floor with bad cramps, not sure if I would throw up/have to squirts :oops:

Got to see docs this afternoon, she was so nice (not my ususal grumpy doc :lol: ). She said I was brave for coming, as alot of people are embarrassed to come with bum problems :oops: :oops: She listened to my symptoms and thinks its not something to worry about too much, she thinks the bleeding mucus the other night might of been linked to me vomiting-it could of been a bug and the red bleeding I had during/after pregnancy could be piles. She said she isnt ruling out IBS too....for now I have got antispasmdic tablets to calm my bowel down, and she is refering me to hospital for a colonoscopy (a camera inserted into my bottom to look at the bowel). I am on a non urgent waiting list so it might take a while, but I am reassured and trying not to worry too much for now.

Thanks for your support yet again gals :hug: :hug: :hug: xxxx

Aww hun, glad you went to get it worted... my hubby had what you are explaining a year or two ago and he went and got the colonoscopy and it turned out to be pollops in his tummy - little skin tags that were getting irratated and they were removed. He is fine since he just can't eat much spicy food or red meat now as it sets him off.

I had a colonoscopy, they give you valium so you are awareish what is going on but not really it is marvellous stuff!!!

I've had one too, really nothing to worry about, especially once you'v had a baby! :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back