I am a father and have written a poem

Warren

Reaction score
I have written a poem for my girlfriend which i would like as many mums opinion as to whether she would like it. I am dad to a wonderful mother who gave birth to twins at 27 weeks which we sadly lost, I have buried my head in the sand dealing with it and not supporting her, it's taken me a long time to be able do to this and that's why I have written this poem for her, please comment so I know I am doing the right thing, thank you warren xxx

From the very first day I meet your mummy
She was my world, my sweetheart all lovely and scrummy
A few years on you girls where conceived
For There was two we could not believe
Our life was so whole and oh so complete
For you both we could not wait to meet
Mummy kept you all warm and safe
She was amazing, so beautiful with incredible grace
The more you grew inside of your mummy
My heart was melting a beautiful round tummy
We wanted you both to have all the very best
Ready for your arrival we made our nest
The proudest mum in the whole of the world
She is amazing I thought what a beautiful girl
Then One day from out of the blue
You was ready to come for reasons no one knew
Lily came first and then came Elissa
Two Beautiful babies, two little maria's
You was both so perfect, so little and sweet
Words can't describe my feelings so deep
Mummy was incredible she did everything right
To give such a gift and light up our life
For once We saw you open your eyes
All of our love could not be disguised
Our feelings of love oh so strong
But for god to decide you did not belong
This world was not good enough for you both
It's time he said for you both to elope
I'll take you to a place much better than this
But never forget you will be sadly missed
For mummy's and daddy's hearts will feel empty
Try to be strong your girls will have plenty
Lots Of love and lots of affection
From angels up here in a place called heaven
Please god I beg my love doesn't deserve this
She is an amazing mum of true worthiness
An amazing women he said I must agree
But you must stay strong you two are meant to be
Treasure your life together with support and love
And one day you will meet your angels above
But for now hold each other close every night
I promise you one day i will show you the light
For your life together has only just begun
There is much to be achieved and hurdles overcome
Your girls have a place in your heart until the day you both die
But look up and see, your diamonds shinning bright in the sky

Warren x

So sorry for your losses! :( that is a beautiful poem and brought a tear to my eye. I think if you haven't already you need to let your girlfriend read it. If you've been finding it difficult to support her at this difficult time I think this could really help. Thinking of you both! x

I'm so sorry you lost your beautiful girls. Many men find it difficult when a child/children are lost, so please know that you are not alone in feeling like this.
Your poem is very beautiful and it's clear how much you love your girlfriend and your lost babies. I'm sure your girlfriend needs to read this as it sums up your feelings so well and it will give her great comfort to know how you are feeling xx

Hi Warren, I am so sorry to hear about your losses. Your poem is absolutely beautiful and you should definitely give it to your girlfriend. I am sitting here in floods of tears having read it. I can't begin to imagine what you have both been through. Look after each other. Sending lots of love and hugs to you both xxxx

Awwww that is so lovely, I'd let her read it now as its all come from your own heart and i think that is such a nice thing to do. I'm so so sorry for your losses :hugs: x

Last edited:
So sorry for your losses.

The poem brought tears to my eyes. It is so beautiful and I think you should definetly read it to your girlfriend.

:hug:

XX

I am so sorry for your losses. That is such a beautiful poem, I think you should definitely show your girlfriend this. Your emotions came through so strongly in your words, it made me cry just reading this

Made me cry. Sorry for your losses. Your girlfriend will love the poem it's beautiful xxx

Made me cry also, so lovely. I'm so sorry for the both of you, hope you're both coping xxx

I think the poem is lovely and I'm sure it will mean a lot to your girlfriend xx

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

So lovely. So sorry to here of your lose, so sad. But you need to let your girlfriend read this, it is beautiful xx

Warren that is beautiful I'm in tears. I'm so sorry for your losses, we lost our beautiful Rebecca at 23 weeks and We've never known such love or such pain.

I'm sure that your girlfriend will find strength in your poem and that it will make it easier to talk about your angel babies. My partner was the same, he put his head in the sand too, people cope with grief in different ways and I'm sure your girlfriend will understand this.

I'm lost for words but I know that your poem is full of love, grief and of how proud you are of your girlfriend and your daughters.

Take care and please try to stay strong. Thinking of you both at such a sad time x

Last edited:
I think this is beautiful, Warren. You should definitely read it to your girlfriend. I'm so sorry for your losses x

The poem is beautiful, definitely show your gf... sat here blubbering now :( so sorry for your losses xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zain mansoor
Back