hyperemesis

siobhan

Reaction score
Has anyone else been diagnosed with this while pregnant? http://www.hyperemesis.org.uk/whatis.htm I have seen the midwife, doctor and nurse today and they think that I am probably suffering from this. I am sick constantly, around 8/9/10 times a day and gag about every 15mins, I wake up during the night to be sick too. They have given me some medication to take to try and calm it down and touch wood I haven't yet been sick this affternoon although still gagging a lot. I had simliar with my previous pregnancys too although not as severe. The doctor wanted to take me into hospital today but have managed to strike a deal that if I get worse over the weekend or its no better at all by Monday then I will be admitted so they can try and control it/rehydrate me. Just wanted to give the weekend a chance for the meds to work.
Also had blood, protein, glucose and ketones what ever all those are in my wee so he thinks I have a urine infection too.

Feel a right plank moaning about been pregnant already but just wondered if anyone had been through similar and any advice they had?

Your poor thing honey, i really feel for you :hug:
I haven't had this but my best mate did, she was hospitalised and put on a drip as her fluids were so low, so keep drinking and eating small meals even if you feel sick and if you start to feel really weak, get to your GP
:hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back