• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Hyperactive

titch

Reaction score
My son has suddenly become hyperactive. Hes not sleeping at night and waking up at 7.30 ready to get up. Hes not even hungry cos Im feeding him all night to try and settle him. I was up til 4.30am in and out trying to settle him. I tried leaving him cry for 5 mins then going in, but he's just wide awake. He doesnt need anything and I dont know what to do. He was up at 7.45 and wriggling around in his cot laughing. Why is he not as exhausted as me?!

Im watching his kick his legs widly and wriggle around his play mat while 'singing' and playing with anything he can reach.

This is so out of the blue, hes never shown any signs of hyperactivity before. Im trying to think of whats changed and Im thinking either, calpol, antibiotics or petit filou. (I had to buy some cos OH forgot to pick up his usual plain yoghurts in the supermarket sunday so I ran to coop sunday evening and the only 'baby' one was petit filou - he doesnt normally have that.)

Last edited:
One of the main causes for hyperactivity is being overtired I think. I know it's definitely true for toddlers anyway - they almost get a 'second wind' and go crazy!

ah right, I think that might be what we're having here. Hes in his high chair looking very tired but continuously wriggling, its driving me nuts, I need him to go to sleep so I can go to bed!!

Yep cahal is the same, I put it down to being overtired too. His not-sleeping antics are causing havoc with our days too :wall2:

My little one is the same he refuses to nap in the day and wants to sleep buy 6 and thats to early... He goes to sleep at 8 or 9 so he wakes up at 8 or 9.

With Odhrán when he is tired he laughs so hard he cries, he jumps and gets overexcited beyond belief.. That's how I know he's overtired, because it's all so out of the blue and over-exaggerated iykwim? It could maybe be his mouth at him during the night that's affecting his sleep, and he's over tired during the day? This is what happened with Odhrán, sorry if it's useless xx

thanks, yeah I think it might be the overtiredness although hes had 2 reasonably good nights and hes currently lieing on his lat kicking his arms and legs and screamings high pitches (which he woke up doing 2 hours ago and hasnt stopped :roll: ) Hes just had his last antibiotics dose (thank god!) and hes got a colour free alternative to calpol now incase we need it so fingers crossed this is the end!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back