did ur baby get used to the taste of formula straight away?

laetitia85

Reaction score
I'm still breastfeeding, but yesterday my little boy wasn't latching on properly and no milk was coming out, and he was getting very agitated and frustrated. So as a last resort i sterilised a bottle and tried SMA but he hated it.

Now I'm thinking - if he doesn't like formula, will i ever be able to mix-feed?? Or does it take time for them to get used to the different taste?

it might be the bottle he doesnt like. i tried millie with a bottle at around 6 or 8 weeks (altho it was EBM not formula) and i couldnt get her to take it. however, at 6 months iv just started replacing some of the breast-feeds with formula and she seems to like it just as much. iv tried sma and aptamil and she likes them both.
(iv tasted them both myself and also my own breast milk lol and i like mine the best haha!)
iv got the avent bottles now- idk if it makes the difference but the ones she wouldnt take when she was younger were boots ones. but idk if she just didnt want bottles back then.
sorry iv gone on abit hope it helps

trixipaws said:
it might be the bottle he doesnt like.

trixipaws might be right maddison was a right little madam we had to try loads of bottles with her .

She didnt like dr browns or nuk

the only ones she tend to like was avent or vital baby

try him with another kind of bottle see how he goes if he still does it you can always try changing his milk .

i put maddison on aptamil as soon as she was born and she took to that its a little bit more expensive then cow and gate and sma but maddison tends to like it .

soon i will be moving her up to the 6mths plus on aptamil which i think is stage 2

good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back