• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How to tell if your waters have broken?

Pudds86

Reaction score
Since yesterday I have been leaking quite a bit. Last night so much so that it came through my knickers and my leggings. I have just been thinking its watery discharge. Today I have been to the look quite a few times and when I wipe the fluid it quite yellowy... I know wee normally is a bit yellow but this actually shows up on the tissue.

Do you think its just watery discharge? I dont want to make myself look stupid by calling the midwife... xx

Wen my friend thought hers wasleakin she was told to put a pad on...if the pad soaked thru within an hour then she had to go into hospital.

Def worth givin ur mw a ring if ur concerned xx

Im not really concerned... if it is waters hopefully contractions would start I just think there is too much for it to be discharge but then again if what your friend is told is right I dont think it would soak through a pad... hmm. thanks hun x

Hey hon, I think ur supposed to use a pad and then if it doesn't smell it could be waters - if it's urine, u will know by the smell x x x

its meant to smell slightly bleechy if its waters, not sure how true this is tho!
but my M/W said to wear a pad from 36weeks just incase they go so u dont look like uv peed urself, lol

ive noticed after :bd: for a few days after im really sorta dischargy, A LOT more than normal,

good luck!!

xxx

Well... this may sound silly but I dont usually have baths, Im a shower girl. But last night I was in the bath for a good hour and I am wondering if I have taken on some bath water.. LMAO and its making its way back out? Really very watery and not anything like discharge. There is no smell to it that I can tell x

Well cant cough at the moment as my sides are so painful from being sick and I havent had any BH... so I cant answer im afraid. It does gush a little when I stand up from sitting. x

Oooh are u having a clear out???? Could be a sign....

ooh , hope something is starting for you pudds, how exciting! I wonder who will go next ?

My waters leaked for days with DS, I called the abour ward and they told me to put on a pad and monitor how wet it got. Didnt think anything else of it and went into labour that evening.
After a number of hours on labour ward they decided to break my waters but I didnt have any left, seems they had been leaking without me even realising......
I know it can cause an infection if they go and labour hasnt started for ?48hrs, probably best to speak to labour ward for reassurance and so they can always put a note on your records should you be admitted.

Yea, my waters broke and my labour had to be induced 3 days later.

Thanks girls- will keep an eye on it and see if it continues tomorrow. Can call them then x

Can your waters go if you've had no show or plug loss or is this impossible and I'm being a thicko?

I never had a show with any if my 3. Only had my waters go once too. The other times they were either burst before induction or went just before baby came out x

Ive lost a bit of plug but no blood in it. I would have thought they could go regardless. Some ppl mever see plug x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fatema53
Back