How to develop a routine that works for a toddler and a baby??

TBird

Reaction score
Any seasoned mums of 2 or more got any advice on this? My toddler is lovely, lively and so far seems to like his little sister (early days, like), but is definately too rough to be left alone near her. How do you help them fit in with one another, get naps to work etc... She is only 12 days old at the moment and is roughly getting the idea of day and night, but I'm still not getting more than 3 hours at a stretch and she is a pretty fussy baby. What are your tips? What do you do? How do you ever get a shower?

Sorry not to be able to help, but am also interested in any advise too as I have a 3yr old and a 5wk old- so good question!

when my youngest was about 5 weeks old my eldest was 14 months, i was luckly that the eldest slept through the night from 6 weeks so when she went to bed around 7/8 i used to put bubs in a bouncy chair in the bathroom and have a bath, i would make sure she had just been fed, changed and wouldnt need anything for the next 20-30 mins and while sat in the bath she was happy with me just talking away to her.

Try anything that works and be prepared to just be at times. Sometimes i think we worry about doing to much, taking them too many places. It is probably best to get youngest involved in babes care where possible and when babe is asleep spend quality time with him so he feels he is still getting his mummy time, maybe even sharing a nap together. Trying to get nap times to fit for both maybe tricky with such a young babe but she'll soon be more predictable and you'll be able to work out when she is tiring and so put her down then your son.
I had three under three and loved being at home, but having a baby 4 weeks ago with my others at 9,8, & 6 has made me realise how i usd to fit things in - in the evenings! was up to 1am last night cleaning and it brought it all home lol. I wouldn't recommend it every night but if you need a shower probably best to do it when everyone is tucked up at night x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back