• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How tall is your 13/14 month old?

Beatlesfan

Reaction score
Imogen is 73cm. She seems to be the smallest baby wherever we go, nursery, baby gym etc, compared to babies of the same age and people often comment on how small she is. I am 5ft 1" and OH is 5ft 9" ish although his dad and brother are over 6 ft. I was always very small I assumed it was partly because all the women in my dad and mum's families are small and also my mum smoked while pregnant with me :(

Imogen was recorded to be 53cm at birth which people have said is above the average ... I have no idea what is??? I read most babies will grow about 25cm in height in their first year so she is only 5cm off, but she seems so small and I so want her to be average. I know if she is small, there is not a lot we can do about it, but one of my cousin's is 4ft 8 and her proportions look a bit odd (don't know how else to describe it, like her torso is normal sort of size but her arms and legs are very short in comparison to rest of her IYKWIM), which makes me wonder if maybe there is a growth problem in our family. :think:

Am I over reacting? Should I be taking her to HV to keep her monitored?

She is developing very well in all other areas so no worries there. I would hate her to have missed out on any sort of treatment if it was needed because I didn't act in time.

I plotted her height on the growth chart and at 6 weeks she was just in between 25-50th centile and at 8 month check she was in the same place, now she is in 5th centile... :shock: :think:

How tall is your LO? Also, did your LOs have a growth spurt around a year old - I have read a lot that growing slows in 2nd year but babies often have growth spurts around 12 months and 18 months.

Thanks ladies. x x x

At 9 mos, DD Lauren was 28 inches/71cm.
She's been very much a string bean all her life!

Thanks for your reply Kate82 - just wondered if anyone else wanted to share their LO's heights?

OH is taking her to be weighed and measured on Wednesday and have a chat with HV about our concerns.

leland was 47.5 cm born ( at 34 weeks ) and at 11 months he was 80 cms , havent had a chance to measure him this week yet and tbh we always get a different measement depending hw well his laying lol

goodness me. i think Theo must be a giant becuase hes not even 6months yet and when i measured him the other day he is 78cm!!!!

Ellie is 73.5 cm, we measured her earlier! Not sure how accurate it was though cos she kept trying to walk off! :lol: x

lol i was talkin to jo about this ealrier, abigail is a mahhosive lil person shes 96 cm! lol

Oliver was either 82 or 92 cm (I can't remember now!) when I had him measured about 2 weeks ago - on the 99.6th %ile anway. I'm 5'8/9" though and there are a lot of tall people on both sides of the family, so I was never expecting a little one!

At her 8 month check my LO was 67cm (9th centile). She's grown a bit since then but hasn't outgrown any of the clothes she was in back then. I think she's getting tall until I line her up next to other babies her age and she's half a head shorter! She'll have a spurt later on I reckon as I'm average height at 5'5" and her dad's 6'4"!

My LO was 47cm at birth, 75cm at 12 months and 77cm at 16 months but not so sure about the last one because she kept walking away :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back