How Should Breastfeeding Feel?

it is a lovely relief to empty an engorged boob! i hated that full feeling, i described it to my boyf when i was groaning in pain and he asked how it felt, its the same discomfort as u get in yr stomach when u eat too much food. really achey and feels like its bursting! and the relief is similar to the satisfaction of finally peeing i 'spose lol!

Thanks ladies! It's really interesting to hear all this... I think what I'm experiencing with feeding Miss Evie is pretty normal then, just a lot more painful than it should be because of the damaged & cracked nipples and the thrush..

I think she's got nipple confusion at the moment because she's getting really fed up on the boob and starts whining and eventually full blown crying! I just give her a cuddle and put her back on the boob once she's settled a bit, seems to be working and I'm not giving into a bottle :shakehead:

I want my nipples to heal ASAP :pray:

trixipaws said:
it is a lovely relief to empty an engorged boob! i hated that full feeling, i described it to my boyf when i was groaning in pain and he asked how it felt, its the same discomfort as u get in yr stomach when u eat too much food. really achey and feels like its bursting! and the relief is similar to the satisfaction of finally peeing i 'spose lol!

Thats why Vegans are cruel to animals... can you imagine being a cow thats not milked :rotfl:

Can I join the Weirdos club too? :lol: :lol: I love that feeling pins and needles, I wonder if it coincides with the let down of hormones?
Its very hard to describe how it feels, everyone else has kind of said it really, I dont always like the pulling sensation especially when she is on for a long(ish) sesh and she is treating me as a dummy, but I def agree with the relief when they get a bit full! :D
Sounds lke you are doing great hun, hope the tongue snip improves Evies latch and you get past the soreness soon :hug:

I'm gonna join this wierdo club too, i love emptying a boob on a morning, i let it fill over night and then empty it with a pump then let Tally fully drain it afterwards.

I dont get any pain from the let down, though from reading this i'm one of the few, it tickles almost when she feeds. I have noticed that now i've upped her usage of one boob it's a little sore, but nothing much.

I really dont get any pain from feeding her, it just tickles, and feels quite nice as she enjoys it. I never realised i was so lucky with that, i must have tough nipples lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back