How quickly should we ttc after D & C?

Melly41

Reaction score
We have just had it confirmed that we have had a MMC so i will probably opt for D & C when i have my appt later today at the EPAU. Ive read that some women are more fertile after this procedure but worried that doctors will tell us to wait for 3 months of normal cycles. If you conceive quickly are there risks? I would be interested in hearing anyone eleses experiences with regards to this and whether you were able to conceive quickly after D & C.....suppose im trying to find a way through this and stay positive. Thanks in advance for sharing your stories.

So sorry Melly. It is the worst thing I have ever gone through. I had a spontaneous mc is april and we waited for my next period. You dont have to wait but it is easier to date a pregnancy which sounds trivial but can have a big impact on many things throughout the pregnancy. Hugs x

Thanks Kaypee and sorry to hear about your MC. Did you managed to conceive soon after your MC? I think the thought of ttc again is helping us get through. X

Last edited:
I think they will tell you to wait for a period at least after having that procedure. I always think it's better to have your body line and shed the womb once before you attempt to put another pregnancy in there - though there are lots of people who don't wait. It does make for easier dating as well.

I had a Fallopian tube removed from an ectopic pregnancy on the 30th march and was told to wait 3 months before I tried again. I conceived on 11th may :lol: no problems as a result of not waiting other than pains from the surgery healing.

Best of luck.. sorry you're going through this x

Thanks Torino sounds like you had a traumatic time. Im very please you became pregnant again so quickly. Im very inpatient! Just want the D & C out the way now....looks like it will be Friday. I then think im not going to be able to wait. Once bleeding stops i will probaby start again. I know it makes sense to wait until uterus recoveres but im not sure i will be able to wait. Ive read its sometimes easier to conceive after D & C
(Up to 3 month after procedure) but i guess time will tell.

Its so hard to think about other things at the moment....i think getting friday out the way might help me to move on a little....well i hope x

Last edited:
Did you ladies have to do hcg tests to see when your levels had dissappeared? Or do the hospital take blood and let you know when hormones have gone? Feel like there is a lot to get my head around. They may have already told me but not sure i took everything in!

I am currently 5 weeks so took a a few months but was the 1st month me & hub actually living together- he was commuting previously for work and just home weekends so not sure if all counted. I tried not to use opks/test early because it makes my mental state worse so im not 100% sure what months were good x

I just had to do a preg test in a week or 2 post mc and ensure was negative xx

I had bloods done a week after but I was quite poorly in hospital. I don't think it's routine. I had to do a test, about 2.5 weeks after the surgery and it was negative.

Fx you conceive quickly. Xx

Last edited:
Thanks ladies this os really helpful. Feel clueless! Im so diatracted...cant think about anything else! X

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waqas432
Back