How often should you use a doppler?

H16

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

I purchased a doppler a couple of weeks ago, the first week I only used it once but this week I have used it most days as baby has been less active so wanted to listen to him.

Do you know if there is a limit on how often you should use it? I don't want to cause baby any problems by using it too often but on less active days I find it reassuring that he is still ok in there...

Thanks

Helen x

H Hun,

Not sure I want to know the answer to this lol.

I use mine a lot.

I did some googling and generally the theory is its fine..

X

Thank you! Makes me feel better to know someone else uses theirs a lot too! These hormones make me paranoid lol x

I used mine all the time in my first pregnancy :)
It's what it's for :) enjoy! X

I thought I would use mine LOADS! But a few times a weeks & every new week I film it :)

I only use mine every so often - don't want to get too dependent on it considering how tricky it can be to find it sometimes

I use mine a lot, most days, only for.p a second but I can't help it, keeps me calm :p I think I will slow down with it soon though as I'm having a lot of movements so I am happy to feel them instead xxx

If im home and feel a little flutter, I use doppler to check if I t was baby. Id say I use mine 4-6 times a week?

Phew! Glad I am not the only one that uses it a fair amount then :)

Thanks ladies, you have put my mind at rest.

I tend to be a worry wart when bubs is quiet for a while so it's nice to have a doppler for a little bit of comfort. I have found that hot chocolate also helps, it sends bubs into hyper mode and I get some nice kicks lol x

How much is a decent Doppler & where do you get them? I fancy getting one now!!x

Be careful over using them. Midwives generally don't recommend you use them more than once or twice a week as there can be issues with user error,and people can rely on using them without always knowing exactly what they're listening to....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/8343317.stm

I was advised not to rely on heartbeat as a sign of baby being ok. More so later on I you feel less movement call your midwife xx

I used to use mine every day but stopped once I started feeling movement x

i asked the ultrasound lady this when i went for my scan
she says that its fine to use. but it does annoy the baby.. as they can hear the doppler and
they have such small ear drums.
she said try only use it when you need to.
xx

I use mine every other day. Starred to plug it into the computer instead of listening through headphones and the sound is much better! I love it! Best £20 spent!

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

How much is a decent Doppler & where do you get them? I fancy getting one now!!x

Hi hun, I got the Angelsounds doppler from Amazon for £20, it is brilliant :D x

Last edited:
Be careful over using them. Midwives generally don't recommend you use them more than once or twice a week as there can be issues with user error,and people can rely on using them without always knowing exactly what they're listening to....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/8343317.stm

Hi hun, thanks for this, I have read this article before :)

I know using a doppler can be misleading for many women as a heartbeat doesn't mean bubs is 100% healthy. For me I use it more because I had a miscarriage last year so although I know I will need to track number of movements etc after 24 weeks (I think?) at the minute I use it just so I know bubs is still alive as last year turned me into a paranoid mess :( xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back