how often r u seeing ur midwife

mrz85

Reaction score
I seen my midwife the other day and wont see her again til 36 weeks ,I am seeing her ever 4 weeks ?

if you are low risk that is normal, I think u see the doctor at 31 weeks and midwife around that time. It's in the bounty booklet how often you see them but the high risk mums get a much more frequest flyer card.

I seen my midwife at 22weeks, 28 weeks, 32 weeks, 35 weeks and next appt is next week I'll be 37...
Havnt seen a doctor at all...x

not seen dr but yes I can see why if not high risk u c her less,just thought they got closer towards the end

i though they were ever other week after 36 weeks, well the midwife can choose to have some appts with teh doctor, mine chooses to do that as she's so busy I guess.

Found it page 22 of my notes: 6-12 weeks MD, 11-13 Ultra sound, 14-20 MD, 20 ultra sound, 25 weeks GP, 28 weeks MD, 31 weeks GP, 34 weeks MW, 36 GP, 38 MD, 40 GP, 41 MD. that's how she's put it into the notes, four times with the GP int otal lucky girls that have all midwife huh

Mine with the mw have gone from 25 weeks to 28 to 32 to every 2 weeks now, but I am classed as high risk.

so ur between gp and midwife x

Yeah GP is okay, not as friendly but still ok. They check your pee, blood pressure and show u the baby's heart rate, so not as thorough as MD but still cool and absolutely fine if you are low risk.

Mine have been once every 3 weeks.. This is until 34 weeks, then its once a fortnight xx

saw mine at 32 weeks, 34 weeks, 36 weeks, 37 weeks, 38 weeks, 39 weeks the went into labour x

I'm the same as you mrz - I saw her at 31 weeks, and next appointment with her is at 36 weeks. Although because I'm high risk, I also have hospital appointments too.

Im the same, 32 weeks then next one at 36 weeks. I think after that you see them fortnightly.
I've never seen a doctor either cause im low risk.

I've seen her at 9 wk, 17 wk, 24 wk, 28wk, 31 wk and my next is 34 wk! ????

Oh okay, well I like the doctor because you still get to check the heart rate, my midwife isn't as readily available :( but I am jealous of the every other week people now hehe.

It depends on lots of different things. Firstly it depends on whether you are receiving shared care, which is where your ante-natal care is split between your GP and MW. Secondly it depends on your area, different trusts/hospitals work differently. It also depends on whether you are considered high risk and whether this is your first baby.
This is my second baby, low risk both times and I will be seen at 24, 28, 32, 36, 38 and 40 weeks (which I am told is quite often for a second baby!).

My MW appts from 20 wks are 24, 28, 31, 34, 36, 38, 40, 41 xx

this is my first baby and from 24 weeks seen her ever 4 weeks

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannhknite
Back