Pregnancy Diabetes??

Toxic_Angel

Reaction score
At my last midwife appt few weeks back she said i had glucose in my pee an if it happens again il be tested for diabetes :S so im dreading it seeing her again, see her a week today!
eeep
what is it? :wall:

Hiya,
Try not to worry, it is very common, some women are prone to developing Diabetes while they are pregnant, it goes away after you have your baby and can often be controlled with a special diet :hug:

Don't worry hun... Its nothing majorly terrible... Won't even get you moved up to an extremely high risk pregnancy :roll: although some pregnant women I have known will have you believe otherwise... :roll:

Its just where the hormones in your body make you produce poor quality insulin... Its not even proper diabetes.... You will have to have a special diet and really stick to it... and take more exercise but other than that nothing will change...

the worst part of it all is having to jab your fingers 6 times a day... and for me having to eat chocolate when my sugar gets low.... I don't really like sweet things... mind you makes the diet dead easy to follow... :)

In terms of your baby... you might have a larger baby although there is no guarantee of that, and she might be born with low blood sugar... but generally if they know you have GD when you go into labour they will monitor your closely.

I have to see a special doctor too... she says that although she doesn't think I have GD... she's treating me as such because she's not sure why my blood sugar drops soo low as that's a sign of producing too much insulin rather than a poor quality that doesn't break down the sugar...but my GTT came back high... :think: Plus I have huge peaks and lows... which she can't understand... but I did have to do another test a little while ago where I have to pee in a pot over 24 hours :rotfl: I won't get the results till the 4th of December though.

Just remember lots of women have glucose in their urine and they turn out not to have GD... I never had any glucose in mine :)

I've had glucose in my water twice now but never had it twice on the run... It's common to occasionally have it in your water and it can depend on what you've eaten or drunk just before they tested it.

I had it last week and I'd had a can of vimto about an hour before I went to see the midwife. i was tested again today and it was clear. Don't worry too much about it x

i had this at my last appt!!! so she did a blood test and that came back normal!! turns out it was the orange juice id had half an hour before i saw her!! im sure you will be fine!!! i worried constantly i wish i hadnt now!!!

I had glucose in my urine the last twice that it had been checked. Had my bloods done last week (random glucose) and found out today that it came back high so I have to go for a glucose tolerance test now :?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back