How much milk should a nearly 2 year old have?

mrs h

Reaction score
Hi this may seem like a silly question but my son is 21 months and he still has quite a bit of milk

200 ml morning
200 ml night
200 ml mid night ( he wakes a lot and milk will only settle him)

He has a problem eating in that he hardly eats and is very fussy.

Do you think he is having too much milk ? how much does your lo have.

I have tried cutting down at night but he is so bad at night i give in just for some sleep :oops:

i'm not sure all children are different, whats his weight like? is it effecting his appetite? if not then i'm sure what he is having is fine. Luke 18 months has about 6oz in the morning and barely 4oz at night i think i am going to drop his bedtime milk as he isn't really interested, as long as they are getting calcium inother ways.

also when do we change to semi skimmed milk from full fat is that 2 years old?

Yes i think they change to semi skimmed at 2 years old.

His weight is really low he s only 21 lbs and was a big baby at birth so really underweight but he has always been fussy.
I dont know whether cutting his milk might make him lose weight if he doesnt eat propely through the day.

At that age some tend to use the milk instead of food, my 23 month old does it. when i lowered the milk he had he started to eat more. he still gets days when he eats a lot less than he usuallly would but i think thats the same with all children.

at the mo my toddler has a bottle before bed (prob 8oz) and sometimes half bottle in afternoon (4oz) after his lunch to settle him for his nap.

Aaliyah went off milk when I put her on to a beaker and cows milk unless I add milkshake powder :evil:

I think a pint a day is what they say?

Some days Aaliyah will go without drinking milk, just very diluted juice but I don't mind she has cheese and yogourts and will have milk on her cerial etc...

If you think he's having too much then give it to him on demand, unless that is on demand and then he probably needs it if he's not eating much.

If you ask your H/V about him not eating much they will just say oh well as long as he's drinking milk and having dairy :? You can't win lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back