how much juice is to much? (older baby)

Dee1985

Reaction score
are there any down sides to a child having to much fluid? my partner told me its a good thing and the main thing a human needs to survive on? but she is having her bottle filled to the rim so thats about 10oz and in a 24hr period she is having about 11 bottles, when she goes to bed i have to put 12oz of juice next to her when i go in in the morning both bottles are gone!
she has fresh apple juice mixed with tap water and never has milk she dont like it.... she has it mixed in with her weetabix thou
is this fine?

i think thats ok :? i give sera apple juice and she dont like milk anymore either. she has as many bottles as she wants so....... i dont know lol

love braiana xxx

My eldest was like that, she must of drank about 7 pints a day!!! It never did any harm. As long as its healthy drinks there shouldn't be a problem. She carried on drinking like that till she was 2 or 3, she drinks a lot less now though. You can't really say no if she is asking for a drink can you.

I was worried about this too, I heard that exessive thirst can be a sign of diabetes :shock:
I don't want to worry you but that's what I was a bit worried about with Mason.
I'm sure she's fine but I would double check with your HV, sheis drinking more than Mason did, but my HV did say he was fine with it with the amount he was drinking.

If is was water would she still drink it? Mason was just drinking cos he liked the taste, not because he was actually thirsty.

Yeah Urchin you have brought up something i had forgotton. Jess used to see a Doc about her weight gain when she was younger and I mentioned the amount she was drinking and he then tested her for diabetes. she was fine and I'm sure its nothing like this but maybe metion it to HV. Maybe she is just drinking cos she likes the taste!

YH I THINK ITS MORE BECAUSE SHE LIKES THE TASTE, WHEN I GIVE HER ORANGE SQUASH SHE AINT INTERESTED IF SHE HAS VIMTO OR APPLE SHE DRINKS A WHOLE 10oz IN ONE

it seems like a lot but it cant be doing her any harm.
Might be worth mentioning it to the hv.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back