how much milk????

honey7733

Reaction score
hi all

hope u and your babies are all well...

just wondering how old your babies are and how much milk they are all taken

danielle is putting weight on every week (5-10oz) but she only takes around 4-6oz each feed....according to sma tin she should be on around 7-8oz. i`m not too worried cos her weight gain is steady. she is 20 weeks + 1 day.

take care
stacey and danielle

hello ethan is just over 3 weeks now its going so fast today ive strated to make 5oz feeds as yesterday he was sooooo hungry and hes feeding between 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 hours sometimes he can go 5 hours at night im going to get him weighed today but last week he was 7lb 6 so im hoping hes more than 8 lb this week lol

All babies take different amounts at different times and have periods of drinking more than at other times.

I used to get really neurotic about how long Dominic was on my boob as the bloody Gina Ford books say - 20 mins on one and 10 mins on the other or thereabouts. Dom only spends about 10 mins on one boob and takes what he needs and is putting on weight so I don't worry any more, but that book really made me worry.

Weight gain is the main thing, if that is steady then they are taking what they need.

Ava is 14.5 weeks and takes anywhere between 4-7oz every 4 hours, though at night she'll have an 8hr sleep before she wakes for a feed.

Ava was 8lbs 1oz at birth and at her 3 month check-up she weighed in at 13lbs 8oz...so she's gaining just fine! I worried a lot early on about her eating habits but I'm much more calm now because she's healthy as can be so she must be feeding just fine. :)

I wouldnt worry too much about what it says on back of tins all babies are different and will only take what fills them, i find it better to make bit more milk than waht i think he will take eg; was taking 3oz so made 40z bottle up.
he takes between 3 and 4oz every 2-4 hours and on two days he went 51/2 hours and took 6oz one night which tottaly threw me as i had to heat up anothher bottle!!

With my first i worried all the time and wrote down what she took and when, i was a nervous wreck but this time round i'm much more relaxed about it and i think Jack reflects that as he much more content than emily was.

I say just go with your instincts because people offer so much conflicting advice your brain will turn to mush if you try and follow everyones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back