How much food?

Bella2

Reaction score
I am struggling a bit at the moment getting Grace's portion sizes right...originally I don't think I was feeding her enough as she would be hungry/grizzly and when I compared it to what my friends babies were having it wasn't much. So then I upped it quite a bit and she put on 10ounces in 2 weeks! So now I'm worried I'm overfeeding her! How much do you feed your babies? Do you give them "ice cubes" of food if so how many cubes at each meal? x x

Exactly the question I was going to ask - Jack will literally keep eating, I've been told babies won't overeat but now I'm not sure. Will be interested to hear from other mummies! x

Tonight for dinner he had half a large jacket potato (the same as his 6 year old brother!!!) mashed together with butter, cheese and beans, a banana yoghurt and 2 organix rice cakes.

For breakfast he's having a whole weetabix, whereas Lennon was only having half at this age, or 3 big spoons of Readybrek made up.

He just seems to be able to eat and eat and eat. My childminder says he's eating her out of house and home and I provide milk and meals for him too!! LOL.

Cam is proving a bit of a pain cos he misses his bottles even when I replace them with large meals.
I don't freeze in trays just portion it into breast milk freezer bags that I had left over. If he's full he clamps his mouth shut lol x

Tonight for dinner he had half a large jacket potato (the same as his 6 year old brother!!!) mashed together with butter, cheese and beans, a banana yoghurt and 2 organix rice cakes.

For breakfast he's having a whole weetabix, whereas Lennon was only having half at this age, or 3 big spoons of Readybrek made up.

He just seems to be able to eat and eat and eat. My childminder says he's eating her out of house and home and I provide milk and meals for him too!! LOL.

Wow he is doing well! x x

Princess Stanley does that with his mouth too! We've had a few instances of him batting the spoon out of my hand!! Lol

Stanley has :

8oz milk when he gets up
Bowl of porridge for breakfast about an hour later
4oz at 10am
Lunch is normally same as dinner lol poor thing but he has a bowl full of like chicken, steamed veg, baby gravy and potato for example, followed by half a banana at lunch and a yoghurt at dinner!
6oz bedtime bottle

Lol wow sounds like a right little piggy haha but he's gaining steadily and is still following the same percentile xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back