how green are you?

I recycle tins, cardboard, paper, and plastic.

And I use those energy saving lightbulbs.

Its really encouraging to see so many people making the effort, no matter how small - I believe even the little things count and can make a difference :D

Im a pagan, and usually hang out with other pagans and frequent pagan forums, this is the only forum im addicted to that isnt pagan orientated, so the environment and being green is always something people I talk to are very passionate about - its really really refreshing to hear muggles are just as passionate about it!

Blimey, I hope that doesnt sound as patronising as I just read it back, its not meant to honest! :roll:

I do whats practical.

We have recycle bins and bags here so happily use them.
I use low energy bulbs
make sure things are switched off before i go out or to bed.
car is diesel but to be honest thats about cost of fuel rather than greenness
my heating is on when I want it on the one thing i am not prepared to scarafice
i will also be using disposable nappies we did consider cloth but we don't have a tumble dryer or room for one so it would mean buying a new washer/dryer + added lecky so it kinda don't seem all that great to me when i can just take them off and dump them.

I also buy veg from local veg shop that means it is more locally produced less fuel for transpostation and supports local business.

Our council takes away most recycling except the glass and you don't even have to sort it, so you'd be pretty lazy not to do it.

A neighbouring council is considering charging people by the weight of their standard rubbish collection to encourage them to recycle more.

I don't mind going to do the glass recycling, I find it quite therapeutic! :lol:

Tattooed Lady said:
Our council takes away most recycling except the glass and you don't even have to sort it, so you'd be pretty lazy not to do it.

A neighbouring council is considering charging people by the weight of their standard rubbish collection to encourage them to recycle more.

I don't mind going to do the glass recycling, I find it quite therapeutic! :lol:

Its the same here, we have 2 weelie bins, a black one for normal and a green one for recycling but not glass - but theres a glass bin at our local sainsburys and its such good fun throwing all the glass in!!!!!

Tattooed Lady said:

Its the same here, we have 2 weelie bins, a black one for normal and a green one for recycling but not glass - but theres a glass bin at our local sainsburys and its such good fun throwing all the glass in!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back