how much does your 8 month eat?

Sage

Reaction score
Just interested to see how much your LO eats in a day and what size portions you give.

Its amazing how much babies differ i visited a friend today whos LO was 7lbs 8 born and a couple days older than my son. hes a womping 22lbs now but barely eats anything! she said she cant get him to eat more than quarter of a jar 3 times a day and he only has 3 8oz bottles in 24hrs. Ky eats like a horse and still has about 3 4 bottles and hes only 17lbs and gains very slowly!

Oliver has two meals a day when he gets up and then about an hour before he goes to bed. He'll have maybe a small bowl of greek yoghurt or cereal and a piece of fruit like a slice of watermelon, or some fruit like a banana or mango slices, for breakfast. Then he has finger foods for dinner, vegetable sticks, small pieces of fish or pasta, and bread soldiers. Followed by maybe some fruit puree or yoghurt if he didn't have it for breakfast.

He doesn't really eat much, but he does still have 7-8 breast feeds a day plus a couple through the night so milk is still his main source of food. He's about 21lbs too :)

my lo is just over 8 months and weighs 17ib ( but 10 weeks prem). this is what he has

7 am -7oz bottle
8 am - porridge sometimes add own fruit
1130 -half jar plus half jar of fruit
1200- 5oz bottle
1530-half jar plus half jar fruit or little stars yoghurt
1600- 4 oz bottle
1930-6oz bottle

not sure if this is enough but dont want to drop 4th bottle just yet as doesnt seem to drink a lot of milk anymore . :think:
he likes avacado and banana too.I sometimes make my own purees too and roughly give him equivelant of half stage 1 jar. xx

Ellies not so far off 8 months & has approx:

8:30am - Porridge or Weetabix with fruit then breast
10:30am - Breast
12:00pm - Half to Full jar, 1/2 jar puddin (stage1) then breast
2:00pm - Finger foods
3:00pm - Breast
5:00pm - Half to Full jar equiv (stage1), yoghurt then breast
6:30pm - Finger foods (Fruit)
8:30pm - Breast

She still breastfeeds alot, i think sometimes its for comfort more than food & she doesnt drink juice/water so after meals usually just has a quick feed. The amount she eats does vary quite alot but above is a typical day. She now weighs approx 20lb but not sure as not had her weighed in a while :) x

8.30ish breakfast (weetabix,porrage, oatybix - fingerfoods or toast)
10.30ish bottle 9oz
1ish lunch 7m+ either home made or jar 1/4-1/2 or a sarny or something and juice
5pmish tea rest of his 7m jar or whatever else ive made or finger foods. fish fingers, chips, sandwich, veggies, meat, fruit whatever..

7-8pm 9oz bottle

then 2 more diluted milk bottles during the night (on hv reccomendation)

lil miss is a little glutton tbh...

4am boob
6am boob
8am boob
9am half a weetabix with boob juice (its to help her poop) plus 2oz of boob juice in her cup
11am boob or cup with booby juice
1pm lunch can be 2 cubes of a fruit mix I've made with a baby rice cake, or toast with cheesy spread or homemade hummus, plus extra slices of cheesy, plus boob juice in a her cup
3pm huge boob (takes an hour to feed her this one)
4pm cheesy stolen from mummy's lunch, plus a rice cake, some diluted cranberry juice to prevent urine infections
5pm huge boob, maybe some cranberry juice
7pm Dinner, which is always 3 cube of a veggie puree of some kind, plus dessert now which is either homemade fruity yogurt, half an organix rusk, a petite filiou (she'd not thrilled with this as its cold), or her current fav is a chunk of peach in her mesh feeder
8pm bed time boob..

She also has random boobs and rice cakes during the day depending if she's hungry or asks for it by signing :)

She extremely active though and doesn't sleep more than 10 hours a day despite eating like a horse.. :rotfl: :rotfl: But both my girls have been fantastic eaters...in fact shes so skinny now she fits better into her bumbo seat than when she was just breast fed :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: her legs have slimmed down, she's just LONG...

My son is 9 months actual but only 6 months corrected and eats like a horse! He now weighs 18lbs which is good for his corrected age but was only 1lb 10 oz when he was born so has done some brilliant catch up growth!

7am- large bowl of stage 2 baby porridge and 5oz of milk
10.30am-6oz of milk or rusk biscuit depending on mood
1pm- lunch- a whole stage 2 jar or something I have made or a sandwich followed by fruit or yogurt (a big pot not a little one!)
4pm-6oz milk
6pm-supper, similar to lunch
8pm- night time bottle about 6 oz

James is 8 1/2 months old but when last weighed 2 weeks ago was only 16lbs 12. He eats plenty, but doesn't drink a lot of milk and is very active. Here's what he has:

7am - 5/6 oz bottle
8am - porridge with 2/3 oz of milk and toast soldiers
11am - bottle, normally 4/5 oz
12.30 - lunch - half stage 2 jar or whatever I've made and a yogurt
4pm - 5/6 oz bottle
5.30 - tea - other half of jar, then some fruit puree
7pm - 3oz before bed - weirdly, won't take any from OH but only from me.

He also has snacks like rice cakes or those Organix puffs, some slices of banana etc.

Almost 9 months and this is what DS has.

7.30am - 4oz milk
9.00am - 3/4 jar of breakfast (stage 1)
12.00pm - Full jar (stage 2) and 4oz milk.
2.30pm - Finger foods
4.00pm - Full jar (stage 2) and 4oz milk
7.00pm - full jar (stage 1) and small drink (2oz of water or juice)
9.00pm - 8oz milk.

Harrison is only 6 months but weighs 22lb and is mega long :lol: (not fat at all!)

he has:

Breakfast - 5oz bottle
2 x scoops of baby rice or small bowl of porridge
11am - bottle 4oz
1pm lunch - porridge with fruit or homemade pot + fruit or yoghurt
4pm bottle 4oz
6pm tea - pot of veg puree
7pm - 6oz bottle

sometimes he has an extra bottle too

0700 - Boob feed
0800 - Porridge (about 3 tablespoons dry plus 4-5 Hot water)
1100 - Bood feed
1200 - 3-4 cubes of homemade veg/meat puree. Plus Fromage Frais
1500 - Boob Feed
1600 - 3-4 cubes of homemade veg/meat puree. Plus 2-3 cubes fruit puree sometimes with a little custard too.
1800 - Bood Feed.

The 'food' times are supplemented with various finger foods, but Oliver generally just chews then throws this on the floor, so wouldn't count it as going in his stomach and filling him up just yet :rotfl:

Saying that he is a porker. 21lbs when last weighed which was over a month ago, so I reckon about 23lbs currently.

green bean is only 5 1/2 months and has:
7am - boob
8am - boob
9am - 2 weetabix mixed with a large banana and as many strawberries as i can fit in! (he would eat more of this but i have to go out straight after breakfast and it would make him ill!)
Between breakfast and 1pm - a couple of boob feeds
1pm - slice of bread with butter on
2pm - 2 carrots and 2 parsnips purreed followed by boob
2pm to 4pm - nap
5pm or 6pm - tea, whatever we are having, mushed up. He has as much as he will eat which is a lot
7pm or 8pm - boob then bed till morning

He weighs about 19lbs but is very lanky, 74cms so is using the calorier to grow

Ryan is just over 6 months and has been having one meal a day for around a month now. So today i started him on 2 meal's a day (lunch and dinner) He still drinks 6 ounces every 3 hour's tho as well which i thought he might not be doing that anymore?!?! i thought maybe he would drink more but less often?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back