how much clothes do i need??

neeko_1

Reaction score
i've just started to buy clothes but i'm not sure on how much to get... i've got some fancy clothes but i don't wan to get to much just yet

but how much vests and baby grows do i get :oops:

i really need help ladies, i just don't have a clue :oops:

As far as essentials go this is what I have so far...

-Six newborn sleepsuits

-Six newborn vests

-Six 0-3 month sleepsuits

-Six 0-3 month vests

-2 pairs newborn bootees

-2 newborn hats

Then I've got a few outfits in newborn and everything else is 0-3. Half the newborn stuff I've got is quite big anyway so he'll probably not fit into them for a few weeks.

Its hard cos some shops have newborn clothes that look tiny, yet in another shop newborn looks massive!

I always worry that he wont have anything to fit and I'll have to send OH out when he's born to get the right size :lol:

To bring him home I'll just put a vest and sleepsuit on him with a little fleecy jacket I think :)

Hiya

I actually went by the back of the mothercare catalouge sad i know and also when i went for a visit to the hospital they give you a list of everything you need to bring.

i wouldn't buy too much fancy clothes though as everyone buys them for you when the baby is born, i bought loads in white then when my daughter was born i wouldn't have her in anything but pink came in handy for my son though he wears it all now.

ah thanks hun you help me..#

i got 17 VEST :oops:

3 baby-grows- need to get more

1 hat

1 pair of boots

2 pairs of scratch mitts

a lot on fancy clothes- from 0-3 months to new born

a dressing grown which was sooooo cute, with sippers

bibs

1 blanket

and i think that it :oops: it's so hard not to buy soo much

but yeah Kristy are baba's are going to be born in summer time.. so he and she wont have to be wrapped up warm

Where can I get a list for essentials for a Summer Baby? Do they stock everything in the shops now or will I have to wait till the Spring time?

:hug:

Sabrina
x

Sabrina said:
Where can I get a list for essentials for a Summer Baby? Do they stock everything in the shops now or will I have to wait till the Spring time?

Sabrina
x

Well Mothercare don't have their summer range in yet, the stuff they're selling is lighter than the winter stuff but still not summer clothing.

I got loads in the sales :D

oldermum said:
Sabrina said:

Sabrina
x

Well Mothercare don't have their summer range in yet, the stuff they're selling is lighter than the winter stuff but still not summer clothing.

I got loads in the sales :D

I didn't want to get anything in the Sales because I hadn't had the all clear at that time. :( I just thought it might be bad luck or something to buy stuff. I'm starting to get interested in buying baby basics now though. My mum was telling me about somewhere last night that had lots of good baby things... trouble is my pregnant brain can't remember WHERE it was! :rotfl:

Sabrina
x

I am banking on there being an easter sale/ spring sale too as I was the same as you sabrina, did not want to get anything in the sale as it was too soon.

though mothercare has STILL got a sale on. I bought a dress - £15 reduced form £35 and some bras - 2 for £12.50 the other day!

and Adams is closing down so they have a permanent sale on, they have a website too, so you may still get a few bargains there...

topbird said:
I am banking on there being an easter sale/ spring sale too as I was the same as you sabrina, did not want to get anything in the sale as it was too soon.

though mothercare has STILL got a sale on. I bought a dress - £15 reduced form £35 and some bras - 2 for £12.50 the other day!

and Adams is closing down so they have a permanent sale on, they have a website too, so you may still get a few bargains there...

yeh i was down wood green, and i saw adams and that they where having a sale... so i wsas quick in there, i got lots of fancy outfits for £18 now that's a deal i like to see.

mothercare i'm not too keen on, as i got three items which where nothing great and they where £12 :shakehead:

They keep saying that this year could be the hottest year Ever on record!

If thats true then we won't be needing any baby clothes! :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back