how many nappies?

kerryp

Reaction score
i know this question is going to make me look very stupid BUT approx HOW many nappies do you go through a day when baby first arrives? Ive bought loads of nappies while they have been on special offer but ive also been eyeing up mothercares "smart nappy" system and im wondering if its worth my while while ive got a stock pile for when baby arrives :)

6-10 nappies a day depending on the day.

I guess that we got through about 6-8 nappies a day when Finn was little. Actually he probably gets changed about every 3 hours even now so that's about 6 or 7. Sometimes we use more if he's wetting heavily which he's doing at the moment because he's drinking plenty of water. We use washable nappies by the way.

In the 1st 4 weeks, and i am BF, I got through 9 packs of nappies! Thats in the 4 weeks! I had to question it with my midwife as i was told not to bother buying many size 1's!

We got through up to 10 as our LO pooed a lot once he passed his meconium. He also wees lots. Slowed down now, about 6 a day.

FWIW also our LO hardly fitted into the newborn baby size and we had to buy larger and never got to use most of the newborn ones. Waste of money that was, we bought them earlier in my PG before we knew we were having a larger baby :roll: :lol:

prob say about 7 a day . and u have to allow for those mistakes too , like he pee's all over the new nappy before ive managed to get it on :oops:

G3M said:
prob say about 7 a day . and u have to allow for those mistakes too , like he pee's all over the new nappy before ive managed to get it on :oops:

Glad I'm not the only one who gets that :wall:

...and how do they always know to have a poo, just after you've changed their bum :doh: [/b]

I'd say between 7 and 10.. more near 8 or 9 though ;)

Zodiac said:
...and how do they always know to have a poo, just after you've changed their bum :doh: [/b]

We never put another nappy on straight away. Waiting 5 minutes with nappy off can produce many poos! I think our record so far is 4 :rotfl:

Smart nappies are fab, i used them but now use Fuzzi bunz, Morgan wears a dispoable for nighttime but since he was born we have only got through 3 packs, size 2 still fits him so i will use those and then any unused i will give to my friend who is due in 4 days.

Angel never does a silent poo. It sounds so wet. We used to get through 3 nappies per change! She cost me a fortune.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back