How many bath days a week?

crackers24

Reaction score
I just want to know how old your LO is and how many times in a week do you bathe them.

Don't include top and tailing in poll but would be nice to know how many times top and tail is done in your replies. Thanks.

At the minute, I give Lola-mae a bath once a week as I find it too cold! I dont even like having a bath lol!
But I top and tail her most days! :D

Bath twice a week, top and tail once a day the rest, if he stays still long enough :lol: :roll:

When he was smaller he'd have his baths in the tummy tub so it didn't use much water and it was before his excema kicked in. Usually 5 days a week as it helped his colic.

Now he is older and his skin is irritated we only bath twice a week. Also because of the amount of water filling a bath to dunk him in for 10 minutes seems a huge waste. I can't bring myself to do it. I'm sure once he starts getting muddy and stuff as he gets bigger he'll have more baths but I'll also use the shower as it saves water.

Every day. Have done since early on and her skin is soft as, well, her bum :lol: . It's become part of her routine since her colicky days and she loves the water. I've actually started putting her in the tummy tub again even though she only needs about a cm of water :rotfl: . Either that or she goes in the bath with me and we dry her in the living room where it's warmest. To be honest she gets so filthy from eating and squiggling all over the place that a top and tail wouldn't cut it any more.

twice a week, she doesnt get very dirty actually she has only had one this week i forgot oops! :oops:

Once a week at the moment. Although she had to have a quick dunk in the kitchen sink today cos she had sicked in her hair and all over he neck. Top and tail every day though.

She absolutly loves the bath. I took her in the shower with me the other day and she loves that too! Am going to start to bath/shower her more often now that she's a bit more grabby - her hands are always full of fluff and milk :puke:

xmcnickyx said:
Once a week at the moment. Although she had to have a quick dunk in the kitchen sink today cos she had sicked in her hair and all over he neck. Top and tail every day though.

She absolutly loves the bath. I took her in the shower with me the other day and she loves that too! Am going to start to bath/shower her more often now that she's a bit more grabby - her hands are always full of fluff and milk :puke:
Lola loves the bath too!! :cheer:

every night. he hated it when we bathed him in the sink, but now he's in a proper baby bath with a little support thing in there, he can sit quite happily splashing away. plus, i've got all that johnsons lavender baby stuff, not that it's making much of a difference atm!

Jacob usually gets a full bath three times a week. He loves the bath, splashing around, getting the water poured over him... It helps him sleep much better. We make him a chamomile tea bath- mostly water with one or two cups of the tea. It smells gorgeous and means we don't feel the urge to put smelly things on him. It also helps calm his skin down if it is ever irritated. My mother just sent me loads of handmade goat soap from the local goat farm (for milk and soap only- not eating!) and it is lovely! His skin is so soft after we use it. We only use it around his nappy area and on his hands for the moment.

On the days he isn't bathed he gets a nice wipe down at night, and every time he is changed we clean his hands, face, under his chin and on his chest because he drools A LOT! We only use water there, but we often put Kamillosan on afterward because the drool was starting to make him rashy and it works as a good barrier.

Connie has had a bath every night since she was about 4 months old because she loves the bath and it helped with the whole bedtime routine thing.

Her skin is perfect apart from eczema on her face which is caused by (bizarrely) bananas. So I don't wash her face much if I can avoid it. I also wash what little hair she has once a week only because she really doesn't need it doing any more than that.

I bath her every morning. Mainly because she is such a messy bugger with her bottle it gets all down her neck and in her hair (she has quite a bit of hair at the back) so it's easier to just chuck her in the bath with me in the morning for a rinse off.

Twice a week with a top and tail everyday. She doesn't get too grubby at the moment - mainly just dribbles milk in her neck.

Emms gets bathed everyday because she gets food everywhere - hair, ears, under her chin etc! Also now she's eating well, she's also pooing well - another good reason for a daily soak in the bath! I also do it to be part of the bedtime routine, so she knows it's time for bed. She's too squirmy to top and tail!

every 2/3 nights, otherwise his skin dries out too much. it doesn't seem to relax him tho, he enjoys splashing around too much :roll: :roll:

Twice a day ATM as part of her eczema skin routine and its healping as she has a medicated wash, will go to one a day once the steriod cream runs out. I used to and thought I was doing best with twice a week bath for her skin but turns out it was making her worse

Is top and tailing popping LO in the bath with you?

Might seem silly, I was wavering between putting baby in the bath or just washing their face and nappy bit!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back