how long....?

puddytat

Reaction score
Me and my partner was wondering how long should you wait after you give birth till you cam have sex again? :think:

Any help

I think once you've stopped bleeding due to the risk of infection. I didn't stop for about three weeks.

Honestly? It will depend on your birth experience e.g. if you have stitches chances are it will be a few months before you feel ready again.

so the best bet will be wait until you have gave birth and go from there?

If I remember rightly, my health visitor told me not to have sex for around 6 weeks after the birth, to allow time for stitches to heal, bleeding to stop, etc. I didn't actually want to have sex for about 3 months after the birth though! :lol:

Think I was about 5 or 6 weeks post natal. I was lucky and didn't have stitches with any of my kids and bleeding stopped within 3 weeks or so.

Didn't happen many times in the first few months tho cos we were soooooo tired!

Make sure you've got your contraception sorted too! Don't want any little surprises!

I had an Emergency C Section and have been told to wait 6 weeks, not sure if it would be the same for a natural birth but I'd say wait until the bleeding has stopped and until you feel ready and comfortable

I did the deed after 2 and 1/2 weeks, although I had no stitches or grazes.
It is best to wait till your ready... I was rearing to go :rotfl: haha TMI :oops:

I've seen it written in a lot of my health care leaftlets to try and have it before your 6week check up with the doctor :shock:

Before midwife discharges you and baby she should discuss contraception with you as you CAN get pregnant again almost straight afterwards if your body is up for it :talkhand:

I had to have stitches and I can tell you that at just over 2 weeks in I'm still having on and off bleeding (seems to be every 2nd day :think: :roll: ) and although the stiches have healed I'm just not interested and wont be 'doing the deed' any time soon even when I'm cleared up :rotfl:

***vix*** said:
I did the deed after 2 and 1/2 weeks, although I had no stitches or grazes.
It is best to wait till your ready... I was rearing to go :rotfl: haha TMI :oops:

With my first thats about how long I waited, this time 4 weeks both times I had no stiches or soreness to hinder.

Noor~ul~Usman said:
I've seen it written in a lot of my health care leaftlets to try and have it before your 6week check up with the doctor :shock:

my GP surgery receptionist rang yesterday to arrange my post natel check, she told me to bring LO for her injections and 'oh yes, try to have sex before the date incase there are any problems :shock: How clinical, talk about taking the romance away :lol:

I had my baby just over three weeks ago now and I've not tired yet. Getting us both in bed and awake at the same time is a challenge!! Although I didn't have any stitches or anything I did pull a muscle down there when I was kicking the sofa recliner back into postion a couple of days after the birth :doh: so i still feel slightly tender and I've onlly just stopped bleeding so I think I'm going to leave it a few more days

I think just do it when you're ready!!

we tried after about 10 days and it hurt like hell! i couldnt allow him to put it back in after it went in once it was worse than losing virginity pain (which was very painful for me but i was underage :shhh: )

however i found out i had an STI which my boyf and i were treated for after 2 or 3 months- after that it wasnt painful anymore, but i dont know whether it would take 2 or 3 months to stop hurting anyway or whether it was the infection causing the pain :think:

I stopped bleeding within a week even though I had a ton of stitches, but I still haven't done it. The bleeding stopped quickly but it took a lot of time to recover and I still don't feel normal. I can walk with no problems, but if I squat to the floor it KILLS even though I have done tons of pelvic floor exercises. I didn't even stop those the day I gave birth! I still don't feel normal peeing... I think I won't be ready until I feel normal again... To be honest, I'm pretty scared to try even though I have wanted to. :/

Well i had an emergency c section but was told i could have sex as soon as i wanted which for me was after 3 weeks when i had stopped bleeding i went and got the pill then as well so we didnt get caught out!

You really shouldnt worry about now, once you have given birth you will have a better idea, you just enjoy TTC :wink:

It's so hard to say! I had a 3rd degree tear and it's still really tender and sore to poo, so god knows how sex must feel! :shock: (I'm single)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back