how long does MA take?

lisanat

Reaction score
Hi,

Ive just had a letter from my employer to tell me I havent been there long enough to get SMP from them. (I miss it by 2 weeks!!!) i've just filled in the huge form for MA and I was wondering does anyone know how long it takes for it to start being paid. I start my leave in 2 weeks!!!!So panicing a bit! Thanks

xxxx

It is back-dated so you won't lose money as such.

Mine only took a week I think though :) hope it comes through quickly for you

P.S the form is ridiculously long isn't it!

Hi
I am self employed and sent my form away 7 weeks ago. I didnt hear anything so I called them on friday to ask if everything was ok. They said they had my form but were running behind putting them through and mine should be ready for mid August. :shock: My baby is due in 2 weeks. I was not very polite to the man on the phone when he said this :oops: and to my suprise the confirmation letter landed on my doormat Sat morning. They processed it on the Friday afternoon. I would chase them up if you need it to start soon.
Hope this helps and fingers crossed mine was just a one off.
sam

yeah we had the same problem, they had a huge shift around and now have more people processing the forms so they have a back log but if u give them some kind words on the phone :wink: you tend to get the money quicker.

my back date was in my bank within in 2 days :rotfl:

thanks girlies,
I will wait for a couple of weeks and then ring them if no luck. The form is really long!I couldnt believe it whn it just kept on printing!!!! xxx

I filled out mine and sent it off about 4 weeks ago.

I JUST got a letter back saying they couldn't process it, as I need to have already worked 26 weeks in the test period until the date I signed the form (not the end date of the test period)

And guess what...it will be 26 weeks this week! So I have to go and get another SMP1 form from my empolyer (which took 3 weeks last time) as they haven't sent that back and a MATB1 form, then fill out all 38 pages or whatever it was all over again and hope they process it in time for 15th Aug :wall: :wall:

Applied in November...... recieved payment in.......April :rotfl:

The £2500 was kinda nice all at once though :rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back