How long did you breastfeed for?

3 months for Lydia

Alex is still going strong at 15 months

jills10uk said:
i have found it easier to set myself little goals, so it was 2 weeks, then when i got to that i wanted to carry on, then it was 6 weeks, then 10, then 14 and now my next one is christmas and i'll see how i feel then. that way if it is all too much and i want to give up, i won't feel guilty as i will have reached my goal. if i had a goal of 1 year and gave up after 4 mths i would be terribly hard on myself so thats why i do the little goals!
:clap: :clap: :clap: for getting so far already, its damn hard work
That's kinda what i'm doing - at the moment my goal is to get to wednesday (breastfeeding group) cos i know when i am there I'll get a major boost and feel all excited and inspired again. Everytime i feel a little bit down i come on here and to this particular forum cos I am getting such alot of inspiration and reassurance from reading all the threads :hug: my bigger goal is to get through 6 weeks which'll take me to xmas and then its the newyear - i think the little goals idea is a brilliant one for precisely them reasons you have said jills...
:clap:

Think you're doing brilliantly Charlotte :hug: xxxxxxxx

At that age Tally was on my boobs all day, but she did sleep well at night for it, it can be a right drain as you cant get things done. I find lying down with her i get to nap as well and it;s lovely to wake up with her asleep and snuggled in to me, only problem is it hurts my back and hips, but i'm seeing the physio about that.

It does get so much easier, i'll be honest and say i never really had it hard with her, my boobs stopped hurting quickly and she never had difficulty latching, it's just adjusting to the fact you have to drop things all the time to feed them, i found the sling really helps with this though. Even now she doesnt feed as much i find i have to carry her around a lot as she wont let me put her down to play so i either put her in the sling or use the baby carrier.

I know there have been a few times where i've thought about giving up, but i'm so glad i persevered with it. At first i set weekly goals for myself, i wanted 6 weeks at first, then i just wanted to push for each week. Now i look at it as months. On saturday she'll be 5 months, thats 5 months my boobs havn't been mine, 5 months they've been milk machines, but i'm not about to stop. They're no longer her only source of food, but they're still her main one, and still the one most important to her.

I hope to get her to a year but i was just going to leave her to self wean, as long as it's only a few feeds, like morning and night time, i'm happy to let her continue past 18 months. not sure how others will see it though.

Fly said:
jills10uk said:
i have found it easier to set myself little goals, so it was 2 weeks, then when i got to that i wanted to carry on, then it was 6 weeks, then 10, then 14 and now my next one is christmas and i'll see how i feel then. that way if it is all too much and i want to give up, i won't feel guilty as i will have reached my goal. if i had a goal of 1 year and gave up after 4 mths i would be terribly hard on myself so thats why i do the little goals!
:clap: :clap: :clap: for getting so far already, its damn hard work
That's kinda what i'm doing - at the moment my goal is to get to wednesday (breastfeeding group) cos i know when i am there I'll get a major boost and feel all excited and inspired again. Everytime i feel a little bit down i come on here and to this particular forum cos I am getting such alot of inspiration and reassurance from reading all the threads :hug: my bigger goal is to get through 6 weeks which'll take me to xmas and then its the newyear - i think the little goals idea is a brilliant one for precisely them reasons you have said jills...
:clap:

Think you're doing brilliantly Charlotte :hug: xxxxxxxx

thanks so much for replies.. :)

fly thank you hun, cant believe were both mummys after that long wait in tri 1 two and three together hehe, xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waqas432
Back