how long after referal ?

Gem & Leland

Reaction score
did u hear from a midwife or hv or anyone lol

found out today that my fertillty consultant doesnt refere me so doc got to , which i hink she did anway but didnt know how long before i herd something? anything lol

I had to contact the midwife myself at 10 weeks..... didn't receive my appt for my scan until i was 11 1/2 weeks

you should see ur mw about 8-9 weeks.. so if you havent heard anything in 2 weeks or so give the surgery a ring xx

I went to the Drs yesterday to register the pregnancy at 11.25am and had to book in at the front desk for ante-natal so the midwife knew to contact me. She rang at 7pm last night and we booked my first booking appt then :)

Wow, that's quick - I hate living in London sometimes..!! I haven't even heard from the midwife yet and am 10 weeks tomorrow :wall:

i went to the doctors when i was 8weeks pregnant to be referred to mymidwife and i didnt see her until 14 weeks, lets hope you get seen pretty soon :D

When my doc referred me he said I wouldn't see my midwife until after my 12 week scan. I will be 13 nearly 14 weeks when I have my scan!

It's changed since I had my youngest, probably due to cuts backs :roll:

I notified my doctors that I was pregnant at 6 weeks & they booked me my first appointment with a midwife when I was 8 weeks & we did all the necessary paperwork & booked my 12 weeks scan - they then gave me schedule of how often I needed to see my midwife & what was done at each appointment - right up to 42 weeks :)

I got my letter through for my scan about a week after going to the docs (at which point I was 7 weeks). My first appointment with a midwife has only just come through today, though, and that's not until the 8th August. It all feels very much like you get left high and dry during your first trimester here, since the first pregnancy pathway of appointments they included with the letter stipulated that the first midwife appointment should happen between 11 and 15 weeks, which means mine is at a standard time.

When we found out we were preg the doctor at the fertility clinic booked us in for a dating scan the same day and only once they had confirmed a viable pregnancy and a foetus present did they discharge us from the fertility clinic. I think you should double check what their procedure is as it sounds strange to me, you dont normally get dischanged from fertility treatment until they confirm a viable pregnancy, then they know thier work is over.

After 2 pregnancies and basically ignored till the baby was 13 weeks,If theres a next time im just guna relax and get on with it and book to see midwife at 12 weeks. Cos i will just get annoyed if i get ignored again.

mrs_tommo22 said:
After 2 pregnancies and basically ignored till the baby was 13 weeks,If theres a next time im just guna relax and get on with it and book to see midwife at 12 weeks. Cos i will just get annoyed if i get ignored again.

Frustrating, isn't it? Especially when all the books tell you to go to the doctor to confirm pregnancy (which, as far as I can tell, 80% refuse to do) and often go on about how you might miss out on important antenatal care if you don't go as soon as possible. I think they all need to be rewritten to say, don't even bother going to the docs till you're at least 8 weeks and even then it's only a formality - they'll tell you almost nothing!

its horrible i didnt see my consultant today , i saw one of his registras and i feel like ive been fumped off and a bit clueless to whats next !

they were even worried about one of my holes is still open , she just said keep getting nurse to change it :wall:

i thought they may have took a preggy test or blood test but no all she said was ill discharge u from this clinic and see u in antenatel ! id like to now how to blooming get there :rotfl:

i saw my dr the other day at 11am to confirm i was pregnant he told me to go to front desk and book appointment for MW and they gave me one at 2pm same day.

so 3 hours :dance:

but i live in the middle of no where whish is good for seeing mw etc but when it comes to going into labour we have to drive miles, which im worrying about :?

i live in poxy greater london , ud think they'd be sorted wouldnt u ?! :wall:

i bumped into the health visitor at my surgery this morning while enquiring is i need to see doc again as hossy didnt refer me , she;s coming to see me at 3 , i dont really know this difference between health visitor and midwife but she said she'll explain what she does when she comes round !

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back